Cancelled

If they’re too busy, they may take any opportunity to decline. From what I read here, they aren’t supposed to go on roofs anymore. My dish is at the highest peak on my roof, and it and the LNB will need to be replaced.

I’d feel better if the guy was more interested in getting paid for a job than finding an excuse to move on to the next one. And maybe get home in time for supper.

I don’t want the dish relocated. I’d have to run my lines to a new head location. I’m not going to allow coax hanging off my outside walls. I have always bought and run my own coax.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.
Why do you think you need to replace both the dish and the LNB? A 42 switch will take of your situation just fine. Now, if your LNB ever fails you could have an issue....

From what I read here, they aren’t supposed to go on roofs anymore. My dish is at the highest peak on my roof, and it and the LNB will need to be replaced.

The Dish preferred contractor in this area replaced my LNB (but not the dish) on the roof without a qualm. No DPH42 either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My dish sees three EA satellites. I thought they were replacing these when you went H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Which is not supposed to happen. The EA Hybrid Twin LNB does not fit nor does it work properly with the 1000.4 dish.

Would you elaborate a tad on the "nor does it work prperly" part? It appears to be working properly, as far as SS is concerned and resistance to rain fade. The neck or collar or yoke or whatever it's called does appear to have been modified with a nibbling tool.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Would you elaborate a tad on the "nor does it work prperly" part? It appears to be working properly, as far as SS is concerned and resistance to rain fade. The neck or collar or yoke or whatever it's called does appear to have been modified with a nibbling tool.

From my experience the signals are much higher on a 1000.2 with a properly mounted Hybrid LNB than they are with an unapproved 'modified' 1000.4 and a Hybrid LNB.

Your sub contractor most likely got paid for a new 1000.2 dish and pocketed the money.

But why? Different focal point? I have to think that the difference can't be much.

From what we're told by DISH the Hybrid LNB wasn't designed to work with the 1000.4 and shouldn't be used. They didn't care to elaborate any more than that. :cool:

I'm not sure if it's the focal point or the platter design and shape but I've tried it and the signals were markedly lower than with a 1000.2.

I'm not sure if it's the focal point or the platter design and shape but I've tried it and the signals were markedly lower than with a 1000.2.

The dish's curvature sets the focal point. The dish's outer dimensions shouldn't matter or would even benefit an installation on a 1000.4 because it's bigger.

When I said platter design I meant the curvature. Isn't the length of the feed arm also important for focal point?

Yup. Wherever the dish curvature sets the focal point, the feed arm, yoke, and LNB are engineered to match it. IIRC, the 1000.4 pan is shallower, making it's focal point farther away. So I might expect a 1000.4 yoke to be longer than the ones for the 1000.2, and those might make a better fit if modified for the hybrid LNB. Which yoke did you modify for your experiment?

WOW!...I would've thought with the heavy cord-cutting that installs/repairs would be slow. Glad to hear business is Good.
Every single new connect is replacing DirecTV. No lie, every one. (Sorry Claude Greiner , but true!) I had one customer who told me Mediacom when I asked her who she has now and I almost tripped over my own jaw. The CHannel disputes in the Springfield/Champaign market have cost customers 6 channels, 4 of them locals and last month they had a price hike - aka, how DTV/AT&T Invest in their future...

If they’re too busy, they may take any opportunity to decline. From what I read here, they aren’t supposed to go on roofs anymore. My dish is at the highest peak on my roof, and it and the LNB will need to be replaced.

I’d feel better if the guy was more interested in getting paid for a job than finding an excuse to move on to the next one. And maybe get home in time for supper.

I don’t want the dish relocated. I’d have to run my lines to a new head location. I’m not going to allow coax hanging off my outside walls. I have always bought and run my own coax.

What's the pitch on that roof? I'm gonna get a hand on the back from JSheridan here, but retailers can walk on roofs, in most cases and if it's accessible by a 40' ladder and mounted at the edge of the roof, that can be dealt with by any office.

My dish sees three EA satellites. I thought they were replacing these when you went H3.

You can use a 42 switch on a .4 Eastern Arc, but there's no hybrid LNB for .4's

What's the pitch on that roof? I'm gonna get a hand on the back from JSheridan here, but retailers can walk on roofs, in most cases and if it's accessible by a 40' ladder and mounted at the edge of the roof, that can be dealt with by any office.

You can use a 42 switch on a .4 Eastern Arc, but there's no hybrid LNB for .4's

I was walking around on a roof today, yesterday too. :)

Last edited:
From my experience the signals are much higher on a 1000.2 with a properly mounted Hybrid LNB than they are with an unapproved 'modified' 1000.4 and a Hybrid LNB.

Your sub contractor most likely got paid for a new 1000.2 dish and pocketed the money.
They're lower on mine. That's why I have a "Wing" dish for 129 WA. When they swapped out my old grey dish for the now severely faded black, I was hoping it would be a 1k4. Alas, no.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

The dish's curvature sets the focal point. The dish's outer dimensions shouldn't matter or would even benefit an installation on a 1000.4 because it's bigger.
I was told by a Field Supervisor that the 1k2, when they installed my wing dish, is too small to effectively pull the signal we should really be getting. He told me that a 1k4 was coming out soon and that I might fare better with it. I missed it.... By the time I got to it, they were no longer available.

Having worked at Hughes I knew what he was saying. All I know even with two dishes hooked up again, I still get rain and snow fade where I didn't when it was first installed.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts