Cannot access Dish on Demand after software update

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
Since my 722 was updated to L610, I haven't been able to access Dish on Demand. I get the 005 error message-your smartcard is not authorized......
I called Dish tech support and nothing was able to resolve the problem. Tried a rec. hit, reboot, etc. She said that she would have to forward the info to the engineering dept.. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a bug possibly? Sometimes it actually starts to load the screen, then goes to the error.

Last edited:
Yes. This happened to me. But then I back out and tried again, and then it loaded the "Movies & More" screen and the list of HD movies on the HDD. Sorry yours didn't allow you access as quickly as mine.

I am having the same problem. DN keeps ignoring the problem and has you to run all kinds of test but nothing works.

I'm surprised this was even noticed early on. Didn't think many folks used DonD.

After trying to access the Dish on Demand menu repeatedly for days, it started working today. Who knows why? But it did. Now, if they can just clear up the other glitches...

I've got the small screen, top left, after using TV2.
Couldn't play the 1080P version of "I am Legend" on my 1080p Panasonic. It would only show a shrunk version in the top left, and no sound. Tried it repeatedly for 24 hours, changed cables and inputs. All bad.

but, at least I can now get into the Video on Demand section that I never use!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts