Can't Find My Locals on 61.5?

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
I know my Rochester NY locals come off the new Echo16 sat at 61.5. However, there are no entries for MPEG4 channels in Rochester on the "Dish Channel Chart" at the top of the page; and if I turn my receiver to the "point Dish" screen while tuned to a local, it shows I am on 61.5, TP21 with "0" signal strength. I am confused; anyone know what it is going on here?

Have you done a System Status to check for errors? I'm in Marion in Wayne County and have. Looking at WROC and I'm getting it off of 61.5 and getting a signal strength of 37 on transponder 21.

OK, so let me expand on my original questions. A little background; The 722K is in my RV and I have a 1000.4 dish and both an EA and WA LNB. I interchanged the LNB when need to get locals. So, I just returned to the Rochester NY area and was trying to set up my antenna (1000.4EA) and could not get it to align. About this time I saw a Dish Tech installing a new antenna at another campsite, so I asked him if he could take a look at my dish and help me get it aimed. After trouble shooting it became clear that the dish reflector was bent (got blown over in storm in TX) and needed to be replaced. He provided a EA .2 with the two head LNB and proceeded to set it up. When all done he told me that the new dish could also be used with a WA LNB when I return to TX next winter.
I compared the new dish to the 1000.4 that was replaced and as the tech stated the LNB arm is the correct configuration to hold a WA LNB and it is the same length as the 1000.4 antenna.
So now the question is, is the new dish a true EA.2 and if not is that why I get the results stated in the original post? I have run a check switch all tests good, still I get no TP signal on the setup screen for 61.5 TP higher than 17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts