Can't get a signal on my dish500 anymore

freefree

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I'm rather new to the whole satellite ordeal so give me some patience.

I believe it should be pointing towards sat 110 and 119, and the instal guy had it up and going perfectly, but because I'm in an apartment my land lord complained about how they did it. So I took it down, but the only local store that carries the tripods is out of them, so I have to wait till monday. Well I said screw it the landlord aint here till monday so I remounted it how they had it, but now i can't get a signal no matter how hard I try, and its pointed at the exact spot they had it pointed at.

Any thing I can try? I tryied doing a switch test, but it said something about my amount of stalites was lower than what I have and that I might loose some of my channels? So I cancel the test.

what should I do?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! for some reason your post was moderated... what the receiver is telling you is that likely it found 1 satellite instead of 2... be sure the mast is perfectly level and nudge the dish a little at a time one way or the other with the point dish screen on until you get a stronger signal (be sure it is set on 110 or 119 on the screen) when you get one check the other satellite and see what type signal you get..

I've tried changing its trajectory and nothing changes on the "point dish" screen, no matter what I do I have a signale of "0", but I have no clue what azimuth is or what the lelvation and skew values are? I really have np desire to repay the company to come out with something other have said was so simple.

Is there something that I need to do before I even start trying to aim it? Some installation step i need to do first?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)