L613 MESSED UP MY HDMI

ToUgHsPot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Has anyone else experienced this?

I have my ViP622 connected to my brand new DENON A/V receiver via HDMI cable and all was perfect with L612. After the update to L613 the sound on all the HD channels went completed bad to the point where you can't understand what's being said. I decided to connect via the component cables with additional cables for sound to see what the heck was going on and now everything is perfect again.

Did L613 messed up HDMI whether audio or video for anyone else besides me??

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have my ViP622 connected to my brand new DENON A/V receiver via HDMI cable and all was perfect with L612. After the update to L613 the sound on all the HD channels went completed bad to the point where you can't understand what's being said. I decided to connect via the component cables with additional cables for sound to see what the heck was going on and now everything is perfect again.

Did L613 messed up HDMI whether audio or video for anyone else besides me??

No problems here with my 622, connected via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver.

Yup, sound toasted here too! I am so upset. I feel like going nuts on Dish. They really screwed the pooch on this one! It seems to be the audio line on the HDMI output. I am able to run HDMI for video and run audio through the RCA's, but I am highly annoyed that this happened. Something has to be done!

Sound's fine on mine.

While it's unfortunate that the update ruined the sound for you, I'm still somewhat suprised at how much "variation" there is in the HDMI standards. What I mean is why such a difference from AV receiver to AV receiver and display to display?

Seriously, while Dish needs to get this resolved, why is there so much variation in the HDMI results? And it's not just with Dish service either.

Ok guys L6.14 restored my sound back to normal through my HDMI port. However in that little ordeal I've discovered that I get a better sound quality using component cables connected to the RCA jacks. Go figure...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)