Can't get DNS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
The picture quality of my local stations on directv is downright horrible. It's like watching a video on youtube taken with a barbie digital camera.

It's horribly over compressed.

I live in a week signal area so I can't use rabbit ears. I don't wanna sell out over $150 for a TV antenna, amp, and rotator, for something directv could fix.

Directv tells me since I already get local channels, it would be "illegal" for them to sell me distant networks.

Is there any loophole or way to get out of this? Being stuck with crappy local channels is annoying.

If locals are available you cannot get distants....period. No way around that

But you can "move" to a neighboring market that might have HD. Since "somewhere" is as legit of a place as "places men fear to tread" if you let us know what locals you get maybe we can help letting you know what "neighboring" market mighyt work (that is in HD)

Would telling them where I "moved" be instant, or would I still have to go through the DNS Waiver hoopla?

Or complain to the local stations that their signal to DirecTV is horrible.
And they are losing you as a viewer of the advertisements. :)

When you "move" it is instant change of locals. But if you "move" to the neighboring market that has locals in HD then you'll get those markets locals in HD and not the NY ones (again back to my 1st point)

There are very few areas that would automatically get you all 4 NY or LA (depending on market...again you didnt tell us what locals you get now) distants without waivers

Are you just looking for HD locals? if so "moving" to a neighboring market might be easier

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)