Can't get ONE channel

For someone with poor internet options who doesn't want to pay for a full boat sat service with all the sports this looks like an option, based on those conditions they likely have a market.

ku band on Eutelsat 117 W according to a sat forum thread that came up in google. I don't know how much of the US that covers, all of it?

$40 or $50 for a package $4/mo for dvr service + buying the box or dvr itself also there is no way to say what you're getting for locals either. No contract so service is paused without payment.

$99 for box or $200 for DVR and $150 for antenna install.
I live in a remote area in northern MI. OTA is limited, so was ok with fta for years, then got the idea that I'd like to try streaming, but no cable out here, and sat internet not an option because of cost. Got a cell phone with Verizon unlimited talk, text, and high speed data, but wasn't fast enough to stream without buffering, and at a cost of around $86 a month, that had to change. Went with Total Wireless unlimited t, t, & data for $25 per month, BUT the data drops to 2 lte after the first gig. This is ok with me since it's fast enough for forums, and since I couldn't stream with the expensive Verizon anyway, I don't miss it. So I used the monthly difference between the Verizon and Total Wireless to pay for Orby TV. Works out fine.
I had a big antenna on a rotator that I used for OTA, and now use that for Orby, and also an old 4' Primestar dish. Both these together work great. I hear a lot of comments on the lack of sophistication of the DVR/receiver, but I have no complaints.
As to the OP's problem with the one station, maybe consider a rotor, some of my OTA channels won't come in without rotating the antenna, and it is amplified. The stations are generally only 30 miles away, but I live in the woods and all those trees reduce reception quite a bit.

I bought the instalation kit and an antenna came with the dish. I didn,t use it because the dish is only about 3 1/2 feet high. But when I installed an outside ota antenna I tryed out the orby antenna for sheets and grins and was surprised I could get quite a few channels about 15 feet high. I would think it should work as good as that flat antenna the clueless is using. If he got the antenna maybe he should try it.
That little antenna is, indeed, amazing. I have one only about 10 feet off the ground, not aimed level (moving it soon to top of building) and it's within a few feet of our AC lines to the radio station, and operating under 5kw of AM and 250 of FM. With one cheap amplifier AT the engineering room TV, over 40 channels come in. I'm amazed at the little thing, and find it quite effective when used with proper amplifier, even a "near the TV" kind. Good point made about that antenna! Compared to the tiny amount of metal used in most antennas sold in hardware stores, box stores, and online, that Orby OTA antenna is mighty effective! (and we're about 30 miles from the two major markets for us, farther from Lansing and it STILL pulls a few lansing stations!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts