GEOSATpro Can't Import Current .udf File into Mediabox Editor V1.10

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I tried to import my latest .udf backup from microHD into Mediabox Editor V1.10 and received an "Import Error". So I can't edit my current .udf file. I am able to import and edit a .udf backup from April 2013. Anybody know why this is?

Same problem here.

Is there a new version that is compatible with the MicroHD?

The Ali Editor just does not cut it. Can't sort stuff or do much of any kind of manipulation.

DRCars

I deleted several unused channels (went from ~1100 to ~750) and it started working. I also deleted the userdb.udf file before saving with the MicroHD. MediaBox Editor is now able to edit the udf file. Don't know if this was a channel count problem, or a problem with one of the channels I deleted. Anyway it works now.

DRCars

Good for us. I guess it was the deleting of the old userdb.udf, since that is the one thing that we did in common.

The only reason I thought of deleting userdb.udf was that when I looked at it on the PC it showed that the modified date had not changed even though I had just saved it on the MicroHD. Was still a 2012 date. After deleting it off the USB thumb drive (on PC) and then saving the .udf file (on the MicroHD) it showed the current date for date modified and then it worked.

However, I did notice that some channels had to be rescanned in order to get video (they had audio). Also, many of my selected satellites were no longer selected and some I hadn't selected were selected. I made a lot of changes (sorting/deleting). All this made me nervous about the situation so, I went back to my old userdb.udf until I can take a closer look at it. Don't want to boot-loop it.

DRCars

Perhaps the microHD, when it sees the existing userdb.udf on the external disk, refuses to write over that file and takes no action but neglects to tell the user it didn't write a new userdb.udf.

After uploading the edited userdb.udf, I noticed the following:
1) All satellites were deactivated. So I had to activate each satellite that I use.
2) All motor drive configurations were set to No Motor. I had to re-configure each satellite for USALS motor drive.
Other than above, all was well and untouched from before editing the .udf file. The minor edits I had done were in place.

After installing the new userdb.udf, I removed the USB memory stick using the menu command for this, then I powered down the receiver, pulled the power plug out, waited 10 seconds then re-attached the power plug and powered the receiver on. I think this is a safe plan anytime you muck about doing database or firmware changes.

I have experienced the boot-loop issue so I now have the required cable necessary to get out of that situation, if I experience the issue again. If you plan to be an "aggressive" user of the microHD, you should get the cable to have it on hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts