Can't set timer for San Francisco ABC affiliate

I'm having the exact same issues -- cannot setup any timers for our ABC affiliate during PTA hours while using the guide. I even tried using Search and clicking on the show then clicking to record on a future episode and it too will not show the "record this" or "record series" options. Unable to disable PTA and try to setup my timers as suggested earlier since it's during PTA time right now but will try that as a temporary fix. Please DISH, fix this!!

I would love it if they would also fix the folder counts so I don't see 12 things when there are only 2 things in there (because of deleted items?). Get rid of "Deleted Recordings" for each individual folder and just have one at the top level. And don't count shows I deleted in any folder counts or in my hard drive usage percentage.

I find it a bit odd that Dish is, AFAIK, yet to acknowledge a problem even though they know the condition exists. Every tech I've spoken to had a different explanation of it and seemed in general to believe it is a user set timer. I finally gave up hoping the next update resolves it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

I also have the same issue and it is present on ABC only. Also it seemed to take up and additional tuner the other night. We had a conflict and in the conflict screen it showed the ABC channel as part of the conflict, it would only let us record one additional show besides the ptat. There should be 3 tuners and thus it should record 2 additional shows as ptat is only supposed to take one tuner. This is a big issue and really annoying. Dish Needs to fix this asap.

I am seeing this too. I notice the guide also shows that whatever comes on at 7:30 PM Eastern as a series timer, despite the timer not existing in my Timers list, and no recordings show up in My Recordings for that show (usually Wheel of Fortune). Also, I added did a save series on Revenge yesterday as that was the only way to get it to show up in My Recordings, but the Timer does not show up in the Timer list.

-Ted

I am seeing this too. I notice the guide also shows that whatever comes on at 7:30 PM Eastern as a series timer, despite the timer not existing in my Timers list, and no recordings show up in My Recordings for that show (usually Wheel of Fortune). See my earlier post http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...Francisco-ABC-affiliate?p=3065978#post3065978 for a work around to these issues.
Also, I added did a save series on Revenge yesterday as that was the only way to get it to show up in My Recordings, but the Timer does not show up in the Timer list.
This is how you save a series from the PTAT folder. Doing this sets a timer which you can see the Timers list.
-Ted

See my comments in RED

See my comments in RED

I'm sorry but this is not working for everyone, my self included. The only options that appear when I go to guide so the desired program is highlighted, then search, then to the program tile, is more info and daily schedule, unless I use Seek and Record. I am sure it works for you however there is definitely something going on where not all users are able to do this. Who knows why but it definitely does not work for all. The only way I am able to do this is to disable PTAT.

Have you tried rebooting the Hopper by unplugging it for 30 seconds? Another of my posts also suggested using Seek and Record as the work around which works for you. There must be a bug in the code that may be dependent on a particular configuration. Both the suggestions I posted work consistently for me.

Yes, I had to have the Hopper replaced a couple weeks ago for another issue and since then have unplugged once to do a complete power reset as well. I do appreciate your suggestions tho. Folks here are very eager to help which is awesome!

I tend to think there are some glitches in the S234 software as it relates to PTAT. Not only did this "ghost* timer start popping up I'm experiencing severe audio and video dropouts while PTAT is recording on locals. This is intermittent & varies in intensity but without doubt, impacts the CBS feed the worse. Programs utilizing the other 2 tuners seem unaffected by this and once PTAT has ended recording, the breakups disappear on the locals too.

See my comments in RED. This is how you save a series from the PTAT folder. Doing this sets a timer which you can see the Timers list.

Unfortunately, the timer is not visible in my Timers list, and why must I do it this way ONLY for ABC? Other PTAT channels seem unaffected.

Ted

Unfortunately, the timer is not visible in my Timers list, and why must I do it this way ONLY for ABC? Other PTAT channels seem unaffected.

Ted

For some reason Dish has the major networks set in alphabetical order in PTAT. If you change the settings for PTAT and not record ABC the problem will move to CBS. I always see the timer at the very end of the list.

I tend to think there are some glitches in the S234 software as it relates to PTAT. Not only did this "ghost* timer start popping up I'm experiencing severe audio and video dropouts while PTAT is recording on locals. This is intermittent & varies in intensity but without doubt, impacts the CBS feed the worse. Programs utilizing the other 2 tuners seem unaffected by this and once PTAT has ended recording, the breakups disappear on the locals too.

Probably some glitches as you suggest although I do not see the audio and video issues at all.

For some reason Dish has the major networks set in alphabetical order in PTAT. If you change the settings for PTAT and not record ABC the problem will move to CBS. I always see the timer at the very end of the list.

Ah well, I know the work around, but I would feel more comfortable if the Timers would show up in the list. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

-Ted

Hopper Just installed Yesterday.

DIRT: Add me to the list of users that can not set a timer from the guide for an ABC ( WSET ) affiliate while PTAT is enabled.

Also, I agree that the icon needs to change for a PTAT program that also has a timer. This is really important to us, for useability.

and, the "s" icon on the items recorded, is very very very small for us older timers ! Any way to increase the icon ( and or text ) sizes?

Hopper Just installed Yesterday.

DIRT: Add me to the list of users that can not set a timer from the guide for an ABC ( WSET ) affiliate while PTAT is enabled.

Also, I agree that the icon needs to change for a PTAT program that also has a timer. This is really important to us, for useability.

and, the "s" icon on the items recorded, is very very very small for us older timers ! Any way to increase the icon ( and or text ) sizes?

I posted a work around for this earlier in this thread. Use the Search button from the guide then Seek and Record. Second option is to wait until the show has recorded in PTAT and then go to the show in the PTAT folder. Click on it and select Save Series. A third way is to use the Search button while highlighting the show in the guide. Click on the show to display the episodes and select the following weeks episode and Record Series.

Thanks for the work arounds, I had seen them and am using them now. But wanted to make sure that dish had the opportunity to see that there is another potential data point.

I have the same issue with ABC (KMID, Midland, TX) and PTAT. I've used the "Record Series" in the PTAT folder as a work around. I've noticed that sometimes the newly created timer(s) are not in the timer list, but if I exit out of the list and check it again the timer(s) are listed.

It would be nice if it worked like the other networks, hopefully DISH will have a fix...soon!

It only bugs me a little bit, and so far the work around has been working just fine.

We are currently looking into this issue. Can everyone experiencing this issue please post the local market you receive so we research further? Thanks for your help and patience as we investigate this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)