Can't Transfer All Recordings to EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rdale

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am moving Friday morning and thanks to DIRT help am upgrading from the original Hopper to HWS. I hooked up an EHD last night to transfer all my recordings. It did all except the four most recent network shows (Hells Kitchen, SYTYCD, etc) from this week. When I go to the transfer menu it says I have nothing to transfer, but they clearly are showing up in my Hopper folder list.

How do I get them over?

Go into the PTAT settings and change the retention to 2 days. The default is 8 days.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Elaborating on what Thomas said, even if it is a "saved" program, you cannot transfer it if it is still in the PTAT folder, waiting to expire.

I am moving Friday morning and thanks to DIRT help am upgrading from the original Hopper to HWS. I hooked up an EHD last night to transfer all my recordings. It did all except the four most recent network shows (Hells Kitchen, SYTYCD, etc) from this week. When I go to the transfer menu it says I have nothing to transfer, but they clearly are showing up in my Hopper folder list.

How do I get them over?

rdale,

I am more than happy to help you with this today! Do you see an error message number? What type of receiver are you transferring them from? Please PM me w/ the phone number on the account to better help you.

Thanks

rdale, the others in this thread are correct. Any PTAT recordings will not be allowed to transfer to EHD until after the PTAT expiration which is 8 days by default. If you change that to two days in the settings then the shows should be transferable after 2 days (and you might need to wait for an overnight update).

Thanks for clarifying - somehow I missed that. I disabled PTAT earlier thinking that may have been it. I'll try the 2 day tweak when I get home (installer comes tomorrow morning so hopefully that's in time :) )