Can't watch national network feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
Why can't Directv give us a national feed of the major networks when the local channels are showing only weather related news. I know we are in a major blizzard in the Maryland DC area but I would like to watch some sports to take my mind off of a situation that I have no control over. Games that should be on are not so they can continue the storm coverage. To make matters worse, they tell you what the alternate channels are on the cable systems in the area. Why can't Directv do the same ?

The FCC won't allow it. Your local network stations have the local rights to the programming. Just because you don't like what they deliver is unfortunate but that's the way it is..

Watch ESPN, Fox Sports Go, NBC Sports Live Extra, etc. on the Roku are all great ways to watch sports when the locals have their weather face time.

I have them all, but I wanted to watch the Duke game and the Georgetown game and they were not available on any of the mentioned sources.

I know when our local CBS (KTVT) interrupts programming long term they move the live CBS programming to TXA21 (KTXA)

You might have to put up a over the air antenna to pick up sub channels if they move the programming to a sub channel.

If you want the national feeds that badly you'll need to get a C-Band dish and a DVB-S2 receiver with 4:2:2 MPEG2 support.

You could try "moving" your service to a NY address, but it would be the local NY feeds and if they're being interrupted for something it won't help you much. Could use a LA address but you'll be on pacific time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts