CaptiveWorks CW-600S Premium

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftajjyohn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Hello,
I was just wondering if the blind scan option on the premium actually does work. My understanding is no but I wanted to confirm that. I have the box myself and I've been doing a blind scan and I noticed when it does do the blind scan some of the transponders that it is scanning for channels doesnt have quality? It's some weird 3 step process.

Also, has anyone updated this box's info using SatCoDX. I seem to have a problem where when I do update the info I get blank satellites added and not all the satellites I select are uploaded into the receiver. (sometimes I get AMC 5, blank, blank, AMC 5, and so forth)

Thanks for any help!

I have the older 600 model (non premium) and the blind scan is...well...blind...as in it wont find anything :)

I had a Premium for about a week, I picked it up locally...it was just about as good for true FTA as a brick with a coax hooked to it. Sorry.

I ebay'ed it. :)

My CW-600S Premium will not receive PBS on AMC-3. I scanned AMC-3 with a Pansat 2500A and got all the active transponders but NOTHING with CaptiveWorks Premium. It cannot pick up White Springs TV on G-27-Echostar 5.

I'm not sure if it is a software problem or hardware? I have reported it to CaptiveWorks but no response.

I am using a prime focus 10 foot Ku band dish with 0.4 db lnbf. Should be enough gain out of this setup.

I had one before trading it in for a Merc. It is easy to find sats, even if you pole is off. It scans until it hits a signal. That's kinda nifty. I manually added a bunch of TPs and don't remember not getting anything. It also had a nice picture. So I had all the channels with a nice picture.

That being said, I traded it in for the Merc.

Does this shortfall in blind scan abilities apply to Captiveworks across the board? I am currently looking at the 800 pvr. But if it can't do a decent blind scan then that will be the end of that idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)