CaptiveWorks CW-600S Premium

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftajjyohn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Hello,
I was just wondering if the blind scan option on the premium actually does work. My understanding is no but I wanted to confirm that. I have the box myself and I've been doing a blind scan and I noticed when it does do the blind scan some of the transponders that it is scanning for channels doesnt have quality? It's some weird 3 step process.

Also, has anyone updated this box's info using SatCoDX. I seem to have a problem where when I do update the info I get blank satellites added and not all the satellites I select are uploaded into the receiver. (sometimes I get AMC 5, blank, blank, AMC 5, and so forth)

Thanks for any help!

I have the older 600 model (non premium) and the blind scan is...well...blind...as in it wont find anything :)

I had a Premium for about a week, I picked it up locally...it was just about as good for true FTA as a brick with a coax hooked to it. Sorry.

I ebay'ed it. :)

My CW-600S Premium will not receive PBS on AMC-3. I scanned AMC-3 with a Pansat 2500A and got all the active transponders but NOTHING with CaptiveWorks Premium. It cannot pick up White Springs TV on G-27-Echostar 5.

I'm not sure if it is a software problem or hardware? I have reported it to CaptiveWorks but no response.

I am using a prime focus 10 foot Ku band dish with 0.4 db lnbf. Should be enough gain out of this setup.

I had one before trading it in for a Merc. It is easy to find sats, even if you pole is off. It scans until it hits a signal. That's kinda nifty. I manually added a bunch of TPs and don't remember not getting anything. It also had a nice picture. So I had all the channels with a nice picture.

That being said, I traded it in for the Merc.

Does this shortfall in blind scan abilities apply to Captiveworks across the board? I am currently looking at the 800 pvr. But if it can't do a decent blind scan then that will be the end of that idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)