Captured 123.0W Today But Quality is Only 35% Max

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Turn dish on pole!

If declination is set and elevation is good, gotta loosen up those polar mount bolts and turn the whole dish on the pole a Very slight amount, like 1/16 or 1/8". Then tighten back down making sure the whole thing doesn't move when you tighten them. (in your case, I believe you need to turn it west a tad)
There's lots of ways to get a big dish tracking, but for me it was always easier to get the true south sat watchable, then go east, to the next satellite, check it, and then west to the next sat with signals, and check it.....working east and west from the middle in other words. Pulling up and down on the dish as you do that will tell you whether you need to adjust the north/south any. Bigger dishes are sometimes harder because they focus so much better than a small (c-band) dish, so your adjustments have to be closer to correct.

Thanks Turbosat & Lak7, Pushing up or Down on the lip of the 12 footer doesn't seem to make much difference with the signalling, - but that was with the Pole Cap bolts tightened up, should this be done with the pole cap Bolts lossened off?? C Band is good from East to West, but Ku Band on 74.0W = 37% Quality and is also weak on 123.0W, with only about 25% Quality.

Sound like you are very close.
Which receiver are you using, the Viewsat?
Does the picture breakup, or play fine?

Lak7 the Viewsat is the only FTA Receiver I have,(but I'm considering getting a 2nd FTA Receiver), it's not breaking up or Pixallizing on ONN / 74.0W - 37% Quality, but it sure is on 123.0W - max 25% Quality. Guess I need to readjust a bit!!

Viewsats are known to have Low Quality readings on FTA Sats, keeps the Round Birds from pegging the meter.
Can you connect it to the 100cm Dish to compare Quality readings?

Viewsats are known to have Low Quality readings on FTA Sats, keeps the Round Birds from pegging the meter.
Can you connect it to the 100cm Dish to compare Quality readings?

Thanks Lak7, right now the Stab HH-120 Motor is not installed on the 100 cm Fortec Dish which is on the Roof of my house, high wind damage from storms last year twice - in June and August severely damaged the previous motor, it actually disabled one side of the internal wiring to the downlead connector, and completely turned the Dish to the down facing position, - but I have a replacement motor and hope to climb the ladder & install it soon,.....after some garden cleanup!!

bolts

Keep the cap bolts tightened, that pushing up or down slightly is just to giveyou an idea if either way helps the video, if so then your elevation is a little off.
If it dont make a difference I'd say you have other adjustments to look at, like maybe how well centered the feedhorn is, whether it is too far or too close to the dish (focal distance). I have a 5'dish I ran as KU only for awhile, worked pretty good I thought. Until I hooked up a primestar 1m on the same satellites I was watching, and got about 30point improvement in PQ and signal strength. I'm a believer now, in using dishes made for KU to watch KU ! Some big dishes may do a great job on ku band but others might not.

Keep the cap bolts tightened, that pushing up or down slightly is just to giveyou an idea if either way helps the video, if so then your elevation is a little off.
If it dont make a difference I'd say you have other adjustments to look at, like maybe how well centered the feedhorn is, whether it is too far or too close to the dish (focal distance). I have a 5'dish I ran as KU only for awhile, worked pretty good I thought. Until I hooked up a primestar 1m on the same satellites I was watching, and got about 30point improvement in PQ and signal strength. I'm a believer now, in using dishes made for KU to watch KU ! Some big dishes may do a great job on ku band but others might not.

Thanks for the Tip re the cap Bolts Turbosat, I just readjusted the FeedHorn placement re F/D and reoriented the LNB's for 11 and 5 o'clock last week. I think you are correct in that my Elevation needs tweaking, I think its a bit too high at 50.7 when the ideal needed is 50.5 for my location, I'll try adjusting it a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)