Carbon UI email from dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You do the download on the HWS's and the Joeys take care of themselves. It might take overnight for the Joeys but if they're all turned off they should get it sooner than that.
Should I download all HWSs at the same time? Also, should the WAP be unplugged too?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using the SatelliteGuys App!

Should I download all HWSs at the same time? Also, should the WAP be unplugged too?

Sounds like you're about to take the big plunge?

I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do all the HWS's at once, and I would leave the AP plugged in.

Good luck if you decide to do it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sounds like you're about to take the big plunge?

I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do all the HWS's at once, and I would leave the AP plugged in.

Good luck if you decide to do it.
I am going to take the plunge when I get the download buttons from DISH. Not going to force it. I am a little excited about all this new CUI stuff because I will get to try out my 50.0 voice remote that is sitting here staring me in the face collecting dust. Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: JSheridan
when I get the download buttons from DISH
Based on fishman316 having to call Dish to find out how, it appears that may be the only way until Dish pushes it to everyone. I guess instead of getting a head-start, you can wait until your visitors are there. I hope there's no issues 'cause a lot of people could be calling Dish at the same time, plus Dish's tech support will likely be short-staffed due to the holidays. Your call though ! ;)

Based on fishman316 having to call Dish to find out how, it appears that may be the only way until Dish pushes it to everyone. I guess instead of getting a head-start, you can wait until your visitors are there. I hope there's no issues 'cause a lot of people could be calling Dish at the same time, plus Dish's tech support will likely be short-staffed due to the holidays. Your call though ! ;)
I hear ya. I am hoping there is a "download later" button that you can select.

Does anyone think it would be ok to just try 1 hws to check it out.?I have 2 hws with 3 joeys. I have not received the email.

Why would Dish bother since they're planning to push it in just a couple of weeks ?

Anyway, there is a "download" button - you get it after pressing the right keys on the remote.
Maybe DISH will give us a Xmas gift down load latter button!

Does anyone think it would be ok to just try 1 hws to check it out.?I have 2 hws with 3 joeys. I have not received the email.
The Joey(s) that are connected to a Hopper that's updated will also get updated. A pre-Carbon Joey can't talk to a Carbon Hopper.

You will also have some issues if your two Hoppers normally 'talk' to each other. They don't have to but there are some things they can share. If one Hopper is Carbon and the other isn't, that won't happen.

You can try it, i did two HWS last night, one active the other deactivate, i like the favorite list edit function, the only problem i have was, i have some recorded shows stored on my hard drive, from Starz free preview weekend, when i tried to watch them after i take the update, i get the error 371 message (channel not subscribe)

I also have two hws and downloaded the new CUI to one, planning to run comparisons between the two but didn't get a chance to compare as the second hws got the new UI without me requesting it. This happened a long time ago when the new UI was first mentioned. I reported that this happened back then.
I don't have any real serious complaints, just the few annoyances mentioned in this forum but am hoping they will eventually be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

i have some recorded shows stored on my hard drive, from Starz free preview weekend, when i tried to watch them after i take the update, i get the error 371 message (channel not subscribe)
I hope this is just another Hopper glitch and not some new mandate from channel owners that recorded content can't be viewed unless the channel it came from has an active subscription.

Reactions: navychop
Will this new CUI work with original Hopper (the Hopper that was released prior to HWS receiver)?

Pretty much, but glitchy. I have 2 original Hoppers and a Joey, my Hoppers are U106, 10/20/16.

Discounting considerable 'operator error', my biggest problems are with the Hoppers accessing or properly playing back the other Hopper's recordings. Sometimes they do nothing, or play the video minus audio. Also, the Joey has problems accessing its linked Hopper's EHD. I like the new interface despite it being slower in reaction which makes it problematic when entering channels or navigating the menus. It will be the bee's knees when they get it working correctly.

I received the email from Dish about the upcoming download on December 22nd, and I see there is a App with the apps that are on the hopper-like the weather, sports, Pandora, etc.- with more information about the new interface and if you keep clicking "Next" --explaining info on the new guide etc. you get to a screen that you can download now or wait until the overnight hours --if you don't want to do that you can wait until the 22nd.
I have a HWS and a Joey.

Have a hopper with sling. Did the carbon ui . Didn't work well with my Joey.1 so I bought a 922 works great

I hope this is just another Hopper glitch and not some new mandate from channel owners that recorded content can't be viewed unless the channel it came from has an active subscription.
looks like New mandate, I am also getting the limited recording message like what you would get from pay per views

I received the email from Dish about the upcoming download on December 22nd, and I see there is a App with the apps that are on the hopper-like the weather, sports, Pandora, etc.- with more information about the new interface and if you keep clicking "Next" --explaining info on the new guide etc. you get to a screen that you can download now or wait until the overnight hours --if you don't want to do that you can wait until the 22nd.
I have a HWS and a Joey.
I don't see an app about the new interface in my Hoppers. What is the name of it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)