Caribvision on 45W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
I am located in Texas and I used to get the Caribvision channel on 45W using my 6ft dish. Now i don't seem to lock that transponder. I think it is V 3991. Is anyone having thesame issues?

Here in Ft lauderdale I am getting signal 60, on a Coolsat 4000 with a 6 ft dish. It is just enough to show up, but very weak to lock in, as the Coolosat needs a minimum 66 to lock on linear signals. However others transponders come in fine, so it is a problem with that transponder 3991.

Lyngsat shows Caribvision @55w now.

3842 H 2580

I can´t access this bird, but you might want to give it a try.

YEah, caribvision moved from 45W to 55W. I can lock it in now with a 65% quality on my 6 footer. But it struggles even at 65% quality

After work I'll try also to lock it in with my 6 footer. Almost all of the transponders on this high power sat are much higher, so Caribvision should be no problem receiving. Will let you know how it turns out this evening.

weird. Working fine here in MN on my 6 footer. Just scanning 55W for updates to thelist ;)
Ice,
Do you get it on 45W on V 3991? That would be strange because here in Houston, Tx i used to get it but for the past week, nada. It is coming strong instead on 55W @ V3842. Let us know what you find out.

55W

Cant see 45W now due to leaves on the trees. IN winter/spring I could aim through tree branches and get a low signal on some TP's

Just came home and moved motorized dish to 55W. Got Caribvision (3842H) with sig 70-87 with Coolsat 5000 and 6 ft dish using DMX741U C/Ku lnb. Very good documentary and scenic programs from Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad, and other Caribbean Islands. This channel was previously on Dish network 4 yrs ago, but was dropped. Most of these channels are being set up for World Cup, so don't be surprized seeing more channels added/moved.
The good thing with these channels is that they are in English. There are two other transponders from Jamaica, that comes in as World Cup test banner. Sometimes there is English league soccer.

using the 7 footer my coolsat 6000 isn't able to lock Caribvision @ 55, however when I use the DVBWorld USB tuner I do get it with a decent signal. This happens to me with a lot of these atlantic birds, the DVBWorld seems to lock much better than the Coolsat

The channel seems to have technical issues currently on the uplink side. Hopefully these issues will be resolved as they transponder moved recently and might still be in the testing phase.

using the 7 footer my coolsat 6000 isn't able to lock Caribvision @ 55, however when I use the DVBWorld USB tuner I do get it with a decent signal. This happens to me with a lot of these atlantic birds, the DVBWorld seems to lock much better than the Coolsat

you will find this with a lot of receivers their John, some receivers are good to fair for their sensitively, wile others are great an performs an far better on weak signals. 3 receivers that come to mind here that I have used are the Vantage-1100, Pansat-9000, an Diamond-9000 will lock an run a picture when other receivers will not, an in some cases not even get a lock or see any signal at all.

an I just look at this TP this morning an see no "Technical issues" with it as of now, very strong an steady signal w/AZ an a 10-footer 84 on Q, an w/Pan-9000 94 on Q.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)