Cavalry Storage = Nice People

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
I just made the plunge and bought a Cavalry 1TB eSATA from Buy.com. It installed w/o a hitch as I read here it would. On little glitch was that I thought it came with a stand but none was in the box. CavalryStorage.com photos showed one but Buy.com did not.

So, I faxed cavalry and emailed Buy.com. Within an hour Cavalry called me to state it did and just wanted to verify my shipping address. What was even better, they are located in Southern California and speak English in a U. S. dialect. Very nice people to deal with.

BTW, Buy.com said no stand included. Also, their site shows a couple of 1TB drives. The black one has a fan which I think would be the one you want. Model is CAXM3701T0. It is very quiet.

I just made the plunge and bought a Cavalry 1TB eSATA from Buy.com. It installed w/o a hitch as I read here it would. On little glitch was that I thought it came with a stand but none was in the box. CavalryStorage.com photos showed one but Buy.com did not.

So, I faxed cavalry and emailed Buy.com. Within an hour Cavalry called me to state it did and just wanted to verify my shipping address. What was even better, they are located in Southern California and speak English in a U. S. dialect. Very nice people to deal with.

BTW, Buy.com said no stand included. Also, their site shows a couple of 1TB drives. The black one has a fan which I think would be the one you want. Model is CAXM3701T0. It is very quiet.

How much was the drive ?

I bought mine from Buy.com for 232.99 w free shipping. You want a CAXM3701T0 as it has a fan. There is one w/o a fan for $5 less. If you Google around you can probably find a discount code to get another $5 - $10 off.

I changed my mind about Cavalry

I started this post and have clanged my mind about Cavalry. My original drive totally failed after two weeks. At first I thought it was because of HR20/21 missing recordings, panelization, and stutter issues. I bought a new cable for the drive for $25 thinking maybe that was the issue. Wasn't. Finally hooked the drive up to my PC and ran hard drive test. It failed.

I went through Cavalry's slow rebate process and had to pay $15 to send it back. I got the replacement drive last week. My HR-20 did a reboot back to the internal drive after two hours and the "blue" on indicator on the drive no longer worked. I have since sent that drive back and am waiting for a replacement.

I know longer trust these drives. It is a pain to setup everything after hooking up an external drive and I don't want to try again with this brand. Hopefully I can sell it on eBay and only lose $100-$150 bucks.

I don't know if cavalry's quality has taken a dive or I am just unlucky. I have never had hard drives fail so soon. I think my worse case was two years.

The one good thing is that my HR20-100 has run without problem without the external drive. Makes we wonder if external drives are causing some of the problems people are reporting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)