This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cband and Diseqc switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I was wondering if any has had a problem running the Bud through a diseqc. I had been running it for a while but the other day it died. I'm running a Pansat 2700A and Coolsat Diseqc (bought a new one) I've setup my bud for LNB 4 but when i check level i get 31% and no quality. But if i hook up the BUD directly to the receiver it works fine 80's%. Has anyone else encountered this. If so help a guy out. Do i need a different Diseqc switch if i want to run the small 18" dishes with the BUD?

Thanks

Slimmswitch

Slimmswitch,
I'm using a 4x1 Diseqc switch slaved from my BUD (10 ft.) to my Quali-tv receiver with no problems. Line 1 for C-band, Line 2 for ku-band, Line 3 for slaving from my Pansat 3500s with Fortec 80cm universal dish, and Line 4 from my Direcway dish (no longer in use for internet) parked at G11. It works fine for me. At first I was having problems on one side of one splitter (the C and ku bands are being split before my 4dtv), until I got a couple of "2 gigabyte" splitters from Best Buy. Now it works great.

Al

It sounds like you have a bad port on your switch. What gives it away is the signal level. When the pansat does not get a signal from the lnb the signal level meter drops to the 30s. Normally it is up in the 70's when the pansat sees a signal from the LNB, no matter if you are pointing at a satellite or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.