CBC at 107.3W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
For now I just have a motorized Ku setup, and am considering a 6' dish... the kind that's solid and comes in panels that need attached. I am aiming to receive some Canadian channels, and Lyngsat shows the CBC channels ITC on Anik F1. Is anyone having luck receiving these? If so what's your dish size? These are labeled as S2, so I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult if I play around with a 6' dish. I'm not far from the Canadian border, but I'm too far to get anything OTA.

They come in pretty strong at 70% with my 6ft Fortec dish. Havent been there for 2 weeks but Ive read they are still ITC

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Plenty strong here with an 80+Q on the S9 and 10ft. (the following is only my opinion) Don't think you'll have a problem getting it.

Does having a solid dish have any advantages over a mesh dish with signal quality? I'm thinking of buying a solid dish from Sadoun. They're within driving distance of me. I was planning on getting one of those dishes with the round base which I can put some sand bags to hold it in place temporarily on my deck... that way I can move it around if I want to aim for different satellites.

As long as the mesh holes are small enough, there's no advantage to solid. So, a solid will work on Ku, where some coarse mesh dishes don't work so well.[Like mine] Consider a polar mount. A polar mounted dish automatically adjusts skew. It can be moved even during inclement weather from the comfort of your easy chair. Without an actuator, it can be moved sat to sat, and held in place with an angle iron(substituting for the actuator) and held in place with pre-drilled holes or a large vise grip. Polar mounts maximize scanning/viewing time, Tune up and pretty much forget. I see the 6ft with polar mount is on sale.

My 6ft dish can get cbc any day and im close to the tip of the upper peninsula of michigan. Its the 6ft dish from sadaun with the polar mount and a dmx741 lnbf. Works great. Can move my dish 12 clicks in either direction and still get cbc. Very strong where im at.

My family owns a cabin in Ontario, and watching CBC and CTV is always nice. The news is a bit different. Here in Ohio, I'm too far to receive any Canadian OTA channels, and there is never anything mentioned about Canada. It's like some mythical distant land. I'd like to have the option of receiving Canadian news. How many channels are at this TP?

6 footer works fine here in Minnesota

There are 5 stations of the CBC and 6 of SRC (French CBC)...
Halifax
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Vancouver

I was reading from other forums that people around the country have had success with being able to watch the CBC channels with 6' dishes. According to Satbeam.com, I should be able to receive the signal from Anik F1 with a 110 cm dish at my location. I would be willing to pay for a 6' dish just to watch the CBC channels. From what I understand, C-band has most of the network feeds like NBC, Ion, CW, ABC, etc., but I can get most of this stuff with my OTA antenna. It looks like the only option for me to get the Canadian programming I want is to set up a C-band dish. I always have enjoyed watching the CBC news whenever I go to Canada.

I noticed a satellite dealer in my area (just a 15 minute drive from me) called thesatelliteshop.net. They carry the Fortecstar 6' dish with ground mount. It looks like I'll be spending the next couple weeks working on this project. I'll let everyone know how it goes, and I'll hopefully get some pictures up when I'm done.

Are these CBC channels feeds, or are they the actual channels that you would see OTA in those markets?

I had to rescan in 107.3W Anik F1R and am getting a S = 68 - 70 and a Q up to 100 on some Tp's. But it didn't Blindscan in those CBC Channels on H-4040 and H-4160 / 30,000 / 3/4. Do these 2 Tp's have to be scanned in via manual PID entry?

It's been a while since I scanned them in on a blind scan with the S9. Doing it right now and 4160 & 4040 blind scans in on the S9. If you need to PID scan: (The English lang. chans)
4160 H 30000
V___ A__ P
385 388 385 Winn
449 452 449 Vanc
433 436 433 Edmon
353 356 353 Tor
273 276 273 Hal
Audio is Dolby D and there's a S after the P #, whatever that means with an S9(?)

I was looking at those CBC channels this evening, tho' I didn't linger except to catch some news.
I'd go with the pole mount, tho'.
The Classic Arts Primary has my ear right now on 91.0. Watched some good programing last night on PA Cable Network on 83.0. Planning to see what Faux delivers on 99.0 tomorrow. Caught the Blue Ocean Network for the first time this afternoon on 121.0. BBC HD World News shows encrypted tonight on 127.0.
These on a 6-ft WSI that is imperfectly aimed and mounted on a temporary pad.

Got all 10 CBC Channels scanned in via Pid Entry, 5 channels are French, but there should be some good Hockey from coast to coast on them this weekend. Thanks for the great Tip guys.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to receive the CBC channels with a 1.2 meter dish and scalar ring since the signal is so strong. Any thoughts on that?

Tommyboy said:
What receiver do I need to have to get CBC here in miami fl.

As long as its an HD one like Openbox S9/10 will do

Sent from my New IPAD using Tapatalk HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts