Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Okay I have one that I cannot figure out to save my life. In about 43 minutes (start of the Bronco game) it is really going to tick me off. Every Sunday my Ch 81 drops and I get the 721 message to call customer service. Week before last they shipped a new access card off to me, this week I am holding for tier 2 support.

Let me just say I have the HR10-250, NFL ST and the HD package. The game currently on 81 is the Chargers vs. Falcons. The game is available on channel 708 in the NFL-ST package so it is not blacked out in my area.

Now that I am getting there, my question is why does this happen every week and why the hell does D* let this happen!?!?! Is anyone else having this same deal occur?

What game is showing on your local CBS affiliate. IS D* saying anything about the affiliate saying "no HD"? The ST channel being open is weird IF that is the case.

slacker9876 said:
Okay I have one that I cannot figure out to save my life. In about 43 minutes (start of the Bronco game) it is really going to tick me off. Every Sunday my Ch 81 drops and I get the 721 message to call customer service. Week before last they shipped a new access card off to me, this week I am holding for tier 2 support.

Let me just say I have the HR10-250, NFL ST and the HD package. The game currently on 81 is the Chargers vs. Falcons. The game is available on channel 708 in the NFL-ST package so it is not blacked out in my area.

Now that I am getting there, my question is why does this happen every week and why the hell does D* let this happen!?!?! Is anyone else having this same deal occur?

I'm having the same problem. Ch 81 was working fine yesterday, today I'm getting the x721 message. This happened a few weeks ago too, and it came back on its own. I called today and they're shipping me a new access card, but I don't really believe this is the problem. I didn't talk to DirecTV the first time this happened, but a friend did and he was told they were having some kind of problem with that channel/signal/etc. No idea why it came back on its own. I have an HR10-250, Sunday Ticket, the HD package, and waivers for the CBS West HD feed out of LA.

Rob.

All is a mute point ... I am getting the Denver/Oakland game on KCBS Ch.81!!!

After about 90 minutes on hold a 3 reps including a CSR, tech support and tier 2 support. I was told that the NFL was blocking the game. I requested a supervisor and was given the same line of BS by her, needless to say I unloaded on her because she is wrong and I know it. The facts as I see them are:

1) DirecTV is blocking NFL games on KCBS (and /or WCBS)
2) The NFL is not blocking the games in HD on KCBS (and /or WCBS)
3) CBS is not blocking the games in HD on KCBS (and /or WCBS)
4) If the said game was available on Ch.708, why not Ch.81 .. this indicates a Non-NFL Blackout.
5) No one person at D* really knows what a blackout rule is, nor whom is responsible for enforcement of the blackouts.

Anyway, like I said a mute point ... my game is on, my game is HD, life is good.

slacker9876 said:

Do you have a local CBS via OTA?

I ask because say my game is on 721 AND my local CBS (9-1) for me. Many times they will blackout my 721 channel, forcing me to watch the game on my local CBS channel instead (9-1). It is something the NFL enfroced with the contract to force you to watch the local channel.

What pisses me off is, say my game is on in the 90's in HD but is a FOX game and is on my local FOX channel as well (45-1). The game often gets blacked out in the 90's (where I get a perfect signal) and I'm forced to watch my HD game via OTA FOX which is choppy to say the least. Really pisses me off.

I thought I read that CBS has a satellite HD restriction on how many games they can show at the same time due to satellite bandwidth problems...is this still the case?

No that was not it. The game was on in HD ... D* just blocked the morning game. I am assuming that I received the Denver / Oakland game because that was my local game and we have the CBS O&O waiver for that station.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)