CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

Does anyone know when 7 new episodes are supposed to air?
I was wondering the answer to that question myself. According the CBS Jerico message board, "The new 7 episodes were filmed and are ready to replace any show now. They will air anytime from now until January. Go to the message board cause that's where it will be announced first. If you have time, post frequently on the board cause CBS is looking at activity there as one of their criteria for giving us a season 3."

when is the season premiere - Jericho

We want Jericho!!!:hatsoff:

I too would like to see Jericho back on however I feel a truncated season would not be the best thing for it given that the writers are out on strike. This would leave an unavoidable gap if it where picked up, this show needs to run continuously. Remember last year when it went on hiatus (add to the list of dumbest moves networks have come up) and the ratings dropped off when it came back against American idol.

Because that's what the reprieve approved. If, and when the ratings are high, they will add more episodes.

If the blasted strike continues, the rating should be stellar, as there won't be any scripted tv left.... :rolleyes:

Just hope the morons at CBS don't run it opposite Idol. :eek:

Jericho season premier Tuesday, 12 Feb (finally!). The show should (hopefully) receive good ratings since they will be in the 10pm slot (new Boston Legal and rerun of Law & Order).

I may actually stay up late for this one...:)

Jericho season premier Tuesday, 12 Feb (finally!). The show should (hopefully) receive good ratings since they will be in the 10pm slot (new Boston Legal and rerun of Law & Order).

I may actually stay up late for this one...:)

Ah, the joys of mountain/central time. Only 9pm :)

Very excited for the return. I hope they do these seven episodes in a way that gives it a chance for a third season... :)

After watching last nights episode it definitely looks like they are in wrap up mode. A ton of issues were resolved. Just a matter of if they can prove who set off the nukes or not now.

After watching last nights episode it definitely looks like they are in wrap up mode. A ton of issues were resolved. Just a matter of if they can prove who set off the nukes or not now.

I have read that two Jericho season 2 final episodes have been made. If the ratings look like there will be a season three, they'll air the "cliff hanger" episode leading to season 3. If (based on ratings) it looks like the end of the line for the series, they'll instead air the alternate final episode that wraps up the story.

Good to see it back on. Even liked the Mimi subplot of bailing out the fiancee who signed a contract before she looked at it.

However, I question if the show has legs going forward now..... They are setting up the civil war angle which could be dramatic, but the war with New Bern is obviously over now with Esai Morales overlooking things. Nice to see him stabilizing things, but it could be interesting to see him back the big baddie Benzali and try to suppress the evidence Hawkins has.

Regardless, I will be watching and hope it sticks around past this season....

Jakes sudden change of heart didn't fly with me though. One minute he's plotting the assassination of the New Bern leader, and then suddenly he's decided against it and working to stop those who are still planning it.

Otherwise I still enjoyed the episode, but I think some of the mystery is gone now.

I know there is a certain suspension of disbelief required for most TV dramas, but as a railroad buff I can tell you that the train scene before it was derailed by the tank was pure hogwash. That was a steam engine, apparently done in CG to look like one from the Pennsylvania Railroad which never operated west of Illinois. Not to say that a museum couldn't have one, but bringing one back to life takes years if not decades.

Since I had just caught up with the whole series thanks to Universal HD's marathon session over the weekend, I was also aghast at the way the other train in the series was portrayed. Supposedly, Gracie (the old grocery store owner that was eventually murdered) was expecting a delivery by train of fresh goods, and her young helper (later a land baron) walked out on the railroad tracks to find the train abandoned after it had struck a car that was crumpled up on its front. He goes back and finds a boxcar load of food, presumably most of it non-perishable. You later learn he made the "15 mile" trip every day for some time to re-stock her store.

Railroads gave up carrying LCL (Less than Car Load) freight in the 1950's and 60's. And what you had with this train was a short line operation by the looks of the engine. If there were any boxcars, they might have been filled with paper rolls. Freight railroads mostly move bulk goods like coal, grain, and lumber. A mainline road with intermodal containers might have food products in some containers, but it is not a major commodity carried in this venue. There are refrigerated cars that do carry perishable items, but again you see them on mainline routes and not short lines.

What they could have used such a locomotive for was power generation. Older diesel-electric engines do not have much in the way of electronics to fry in an EMP pulse. If the railroad ran through Jericho, surely the bright ones in this story could have figured out a way to move it into town and rig it to take the 600VDC from the main generator to invert it to 240/120AC. Heck, in a town that size they surely had a retired railroader to tap!

But I digress. The series is full of other holes that I won't go into. Yet somehow, it's still fun to watch!

sigmtr

Out of town and never got to see it. Recorded it though. Checked itunes to see if I could download it, but it wasn't available this morning.... did see first 10 minutes... Glad its back.

I am rooting for the Cliffhanger finale. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)