CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

Isn't it amazing how fast they (the western states) are recovering from the effects of the EMP? Where did all the new cars, TV's and computers come from?

Obviously imported, just as they are now. ;)
Yeah, that Chevy Equinox the lawyer was driving and those Chevy Suburbans that were in the "President's" motorcade all looked like imports.;) Another question, why the hurry to restore the power if none of the appliances/modern conveniences will work? Second question, where is the power coming from? The power grid would have had to been completely rebuilt. I guess an extended period of hardship (years to recover from an EMP blast) just doesn't fit into the storyline.

Currently we have the Allied United States, the Old United States, and New Texas Republic
There was brief mention of UN peacekeepers (Blue Line) along the Mississippi in the last episode. I guess this will be explained further.

Wow, this show is SO different from last year. They have made a huge leap from NO communication to a series of full-fledged governments. That said, I am enjoying it.

Just hope it isn't building to a episode 7 finale, but instead towards an episode 7 cliffhanger... :)

So far the wife and I are enjoying it, have to agree with Rocky, the show has changed its feel form one about how a small town would survive to a more Geo-political feel, I like the Beck character and Hawkins goes from strength to strength. They do seem to be struggling to find a way to fit Jake into it all thought.

Still looking forwrad to the rest of the season.

So far the wife and I are enjoying it, have to agree with Rocky, the show has changed its feel form one about how a small town would survive to a more Geo-political feel, I like the Beck character and Hawkins goes from strength to strength. They do seem to be struggling to find a way to fit Jake into it all thought.

Still looking forwrad to the rest of the season.

Yeah, almost too much politics. But thats better then too much soap opera like last fall. :D I think the show was at its best when it came back from the Hiatus in the mid-winter last year. But I will enjoy every episode.

Jake's role does seem hard to define.

I am not sure how far the show could go on the current track it is on, but I would like to see it continue. If not, at least it was not left hanging, like so many one-season-wonders... (thinking of Surface).

We just caught Tuesday nights show last night on the DVR. My wife, who was never a big fan of the show, even mentioned how much she has enjoyed the shows this season. This past episode was really good and each one is getting better.

Anyway, I noticed the TV ratings for Jericho were once again in the cellar. I can only assume CBS will wrap up the show and call it quits. Well...enjoy the final three episodes!

"NBC claimed the top spot at 10 p.m. with a "Law & Order: SVU" rerun, 6.5/11. "Primetime" scored a 4.5/8 for ABC, beating out the 3.9/7 for "Jericho" on CBS."

Where were they going to get new viewers from? That's the major problem with serialized story telling, viewership hits the ceiling in the first few weeks the season the show premieres, and loses viewers as they lose interest. You don't pick up many new viewers, because it's like watching a new movie after missing the first 15 minutes. If this show would was this good when it started, we wouldn't be talking about it's demise. Too little, too late.

I just want them to tie up the loose ends and finish the story. I am not interested in dragging out this show any longer. It had great premise but it would of done better as a mini series rather than a slow weekly series. Then it could of kept the momentum up throughout the show. It has gotten much better this year but I think because they only had 7 episodes to write for the writers decided to cut out the extra dribble about the other charachter's lives. Notice the back story on the mother is gone, and the brother's mistress in the bar isn't mentioned. They are sticking to the bigger picture about the bomb conspiracy , who did it , exposing the new governments designs, and as such it is much more interesting.

I caught last nights show after flying back into back...it was excellent! I only wish ALL the episodes would have been like this one. I don't know how they will manage to wrap-up everything in just two episodes, but next weeks show is going to be revolutionary.

Notice the back story on the mother is gone, and the brother's mistress in the bar isn't mentioned.
My wife noticed the mistress was gone...we actually saw her in last weeks show, but there was no hint at any ongoing relationship. Likewise, Eric spoke fondly about his "dead wife" when he was comforting Stanley. It's as though Eric and the barmaid never happened. Anyway, what every happened to Mom? I can't recall....

previously_on.jpg

It's about time someone took out Goetz...loved that it was Stanley!

They are just simply ignoring Mom. With Dad whacked, all of her scenes went away except for the "you're a homewrecker!" storyline with the barmaid. Since they ignored that too, she became expendable.

Things are definitely more tightly packed this year. Things pop like an episode of 24.

I'd love for them to get picked up, but it won't happen. The numbers are worse than last year (the 10 o'clock timeslot and the lousy lead in show don't help).

Meanwhile the producers of the show already have a new CBS series lined up for next year. Bottom line, Jericho is going away. I'm sorry to see it go, but I'm looking forward to the wrap up.

However, if you feel strongly about it, there is a new campaign to try and save the show....

SyFy Portal

Too late now. If they tried to continue the show for anothe season it would become boring again as they stretched out the story lines and put in a bunch of filler stories like affairs. The story pops now because they have so much to explain and do in so little time.

Yeah the ratings have been dropping... which is surprising because the show is 10x better than it was last year....

Especially loved the Getz subplot this week....

they only had 7 episodes to write for the writers decided to cut out the extra dribble about the other charachter's lives. Notice the back story on the mother is gone, and the brother's mistress in the bar isn't mentioned. They are sticking to the bigger picture about the bomb conspiracy , who did it , exposing the new governments designs, and as such it is much more interesting.

Very good point. It is much better when they cut out the filler and the back story on the mother is a good example. Another show that has too much filler is USA's 4400. That show could be edited down to nothing and be a wonderful 15 minutes a week serial. Instead, it has an extra 45 minutes of crap in each episode.

Anyway... I love Jericho and it is getting better. Sad to see it go (if the rumors are true), but I have come to expect all good shows to come to an early end. People would rather rot their brains with American Idol. What rubbish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts