CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

I'm getting really tired of the networks cancelling series that leave the view hanging in the wind when they decide to cancel them. Guess I'll just have to stop watching shows that don't tie everything up at the end of each week.

I guess that leaves you with the crime / court shows, game shows, and the few sitcoms that are left. Almost everything I watch faithfully is serial in nature.

I was #11120. My wife will be signing shortly, and maybe in the least a cable network will pick it u... USA or ABC Fam would be a great place.

I guess that leaves you with the crime / court shows, game shows, and the few sitcoms that are left. Almost everything I watch faithfully is serial in nature.

Nothing wrong with that now is there;) Anyway I guess I'll also be able to watch the Weather Channel in HD about the same time as the new fall season starts:D

Nothing wrong with that now is there;) Anyway I guess I'll also be able to watch the Weather Channel in HD about the same time as the new fall season starts:D

Or better yet CNN HD with crusty old Lou Dobbs in HD :eek:

Seriously, I would love for Jericho to be picked up by someone. Both mine & my wifes Wednesday night will not be the same.

I have to wonder how much support this originally had though, lets put it on a three month Hiatus & then bring it back against AI (THE strongest rating program) someone at CBS must have had it out for them. :removes tin foil hat:

Jericho was one of only a handful of OTA network programs I even bothered to watch on a regular basis. I am dissapointed yet not suprised that it was axed. It required that you pay a little attention. Bring on another stupid sitcom or ooooh another episode of Survivor or Idol. Monkeys could do a better programming job. If it wasn't for sports I would not even bother to subscribe to locals. Great Job Guys!

Grrrr! Signed. I hope CBS doesn't become another Fox network. I will never watch a new series on Fox again. I have been burned too many times. Space Above and Beyond, Firefly, and my most recent burn... Drive (after only 3 episodes). These networks need to start realizing that they have to count DVR'd watching in their viewership counts now - not just live watching. Jericho was awesome (second half of the season rocked compared to the first half).

I can say that CBS's phone lines have been SWAMPED today from folks complaining bout Jericho being axed. that from a caller who said the main operator has had literally THOUSANDS of calls just this afternoon from jericho fans. I seen the e-mail link but here is the snail mail and main phone number to CBS:

CBS Television Network
51 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019

Main Number:
(212) 975-4321

all I got to say is, lets keep the e-mails and calls coming. every day if you can, then they will get the picture.

Thanks for the number!

I just called and the very nice operator told me the programming department was closed until 10am tomorrow morning. When I asked if I could leave voicemail, she told me the voicemail box was full...with lots of unhappy Jerico viewer comments.

Guess who I'll be calling tomorrow at 10am.;)

this is just down right stupid now:
CBS has lost a viewer, and that INCLUDES NFL, NCAA, Golf, and the local news as well.

Dear Jericho Fans

We here at CBS have listened to your complaints in relation to the cancelation of the television Show Jericho.

At CBS we never cancel a show without a great deal of communication between our public groups and you the fans.

It was believed that Jericho had lost a significant amount of fans since the original pilot of the show.

We always feel that a show must carry its audience regardless of breaks or temporary periods within the transmission season.

With this in mind it was decided to cancel the show JERICHO.

We understand that many of you are upset with our decision to cancel the Show JERICHO.

CBS retain the full viewing rights to Jericho, and it is possible that a a finale episode could be put into planning for the 2009/2010 season.

A future decision will be made on this in the fall of 2008.

Despite this cancelation we would like to advise you the viewer that CBS offers many great Shows such as CSI-Miami as well as others.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact my office where we can provide you with more details.

A future press release in relation to this decision will be announced tomorrow to All press outlets.

It is still possible to view all episodes of Jericho on the the innertube

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?cat=138673&vid=&format=&auto=0

Kelly Kahl

Senior Executive Vice President of Programming Operations

kkahl@cbs.com

Oh yeah, like it will come back with a finale in 2009/2010... and one finale will wrap it all up, in what, 2 hours.... keep up the fight, even though it probably won't work.

lets spam that e-mail of the VP of programming ASAP, But please lets be friendly about this, no way they'll bring it back if we behave rudely in this. and e-mail, mail, call CBS EVERY day, not just tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)