CBS stations return to DISH

Pittsburgh area got cable mid 60's. HHT, Hollywood Home Theater preceded HBO on channel 3, early 70's. Yes, it was easy to steal. Everyone had channel 3 "interference traps". Living near the airport meant every time a plane flew by, the picture would go nuts. Cable eliminated this problem.

TV's with cable tuners appeared late 70's. It used to be nice just to connect coax to the TV without a box.

Reactions: yomama
Assuming SHO goes dark this evening, I wonder if Dish will automagically reduce/remove the sub and fee? Something makes me think they won't... :)

I don't understand why Dish, Direct, Comcast, Charter, and Uverse don't form an alliance and have all their carriage contracts end on the same day. Then when a provider wants a ridiculous increase they can just say as a group NO!! We will all drop you and not pay.

Assuming SHO goes dark this evening, I wonder if Dish will automagically reduce/remove the sub and fee? Something makes me think they won't... :)

If I subbed to it I would check for sure, since it's a premium. I am currently getting it a at no cost for a few months so nothing really to check for me

I don't understand why Dish, Direct, Comcast, Charter, and Uverse don't form an alliance and have all their carriage contracts end on the same day. Then when a provider wants a ridiculous increase they can just say as a group NO!! We will all drop you and not pay.
It is illegal for them to collude in this manner.

Reactions: Hall
If I subbed to it I would check for sure, since it's a premium. I am currently getting it a at no cost for a few months so nothing really to check for me
Being of the "don't trust and verify" mindset, you can bet I will!! :)

Too bad that you can't see transactions at Dish's website, only each bill. That's one thing I liked about Direct's site, any transaction showed up when it occurred.

Doesn't Dish have a separate contract for Showtime? Or is that contract expiring at the same time, so therefore it can be part of this dispute.

And no one here knows how these negotiations are happening. CBS may not be willing to compromise on their asked for price OR Dish may not be willing to compromise on what they're willing to spend. They BOTH should compromise.

That's called collusion in restraint of trade. It's illegal. Major League Baseball tried that in the 90s when the owners refused to talk with a number of free agents. They were found out.

Now my CBS station (WWJ-TV) keeps posting there message at the top of every hour saying to call Dish and "TELL THEM YOU WANT YOUR CBS." Yup, I want CBS so badly that I have an OTA antenna as well.:cool: No need to complain to a Dish CSR. And I don't even have Dish anymore.:oldwink

Reactions: kozmo104
Yep 300% increase seems fair to me :(
http://online.wsj.com/articles/cbs-plays-hardball-as-affiliate-fees-pile-up-1408578087
"CBS, which has fewer cable-channel properties than its competitors but has been working to reduce its reliance on advertising in recent years, has made no secret of its plans to aggressively claim its slice of the retransmission-consent-fee pie. It has told investors that it plans to get to $2 billion in retransmission revenue, including money paid by affiliate stations, by 2020, up from $500 million last year."

Reactions: TheKrell
Now my CBS station (WWJ-TV) keeps posting there message at the top of every hour saying to call Dish and "TELL THEM YOU WANT YOUR CBS." Yup, I want CBS so badly that I have an OTA antenna as well.:cool: No need to complain to a Dish CSR. And I don't even have Dish anymore.:oldwink

Same locals as you, the radio commercials this morning made it sound it was the end of TV as we know it so call Dish!!

Reactions: kozmo104

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)