CBS stations return to DISH

Still, while it may be a reason, it isn't the sole reason nor likely the main reason. I'm sure marketing to customers was paramount, otherwise the hardware itself might have been named different from the "Hopper."
Okay maybe not the SOLE reason,but it is definitely a very good reason why it was invented. Charlie wanted a way to level the playing field and this helped because it gave him a bargaining chip in negotiations with the ever more greedy locals and network owned locals like CBS.

My ABC programming doesn't have a 3-day Autohop delay. It appears that CBS programming might though.... With ABC, the delay is only from stations that ABC owns; with CBS, it appears that all programming will be affected.

Fair point.I still think it gives all the other guys leverage in contract negotiations now that CBS pulled off a 7 day delay.

I can't resist....The Skipper from Dish.:bigok

They could pay to use Bob Denver's voice in the ads.Being that CBS owns Gilligans Island,and got a 7 day delay on autohop,Dish should certainly be able to get that at a bargain.:p

Reactions: MikeD-C05

They could pay to use Bob Denver's voice in the ads.Being that CBS owns Gilligans Island,and got a 7 day delay on autohop,Dish should certainly be able to get that at a bargain.:p
Since you have to wait 7 days for CBS and 3 days for ABC, they could also call it The Waiter.

Reactions: TheKrell

Hey, the Joey's name could be Skippy and they could use this amazingly awful Australian TV series about a boy and his kangaroo in the ads
200px-Skippy-dvd.jpg
4ea1ac4dde6291784a22b1d1395d8f8e.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts