CBS stations return to DISH

Why would an OTA net want to pick a fight with a satellite or cable provider when a viewer simply needs to invest in a low-cost antenna for programming?
not everyone can receive ota broadcast networks especially since the switch to digital.
for example where I live I can only pick up one network channel ota with a usable signal and that is abc you can get fox but the signal is very spotty and like 3 pbs stations.
also the majority of satellite customers both for dish and direct are rural customers.

Reactions: kozmo104
not everyone can receive ota broadcast networks especially since the switch to digital.
for example where I live I can only pick up one network channel ota with a usable signal and that is abc you can get fox but the signal is very spotty and like 3 pbs stations.
also the majority of satellite customers both for dish and direct are rural customers.
Do you have a source for the bolded? Because if not, I call 'BS'. That may have been the case years ago, but since LiL took off, that opened up the satellite market to people closer to OTA transmitters.

Do you have a source for the bolded? Because if not, I call 'BS'. That may have been the case years ago, but since LiL took off, that opened up the satellite market to people closer to OTA transmitters.
Agreed.

No doubt 75% of rural customers with some sort of paid TV service have satellite, but satellite is very, very common in urban areas nowadays.

Reactions: ChadT41
I live in a major metropolitan area. Driving down the road, you can see at a minimum, 80% of houses with either DTV or Dish network dishes on the roof. Whether they are being used, couldn't answer. But urban satellite is very very common nowadays. Hell, how many times have the regulars on this site advised someone to just go to an apartment complex and ask the manager if they have any dishes that need removed, for parts. DTV alone has exclusive rights to NFL, that's a huge draw. Dish leads college sports. All that cable has are huge bundle discounts, but even then, it's not always that huge(for the same setup I have now, with less features and accessibility in being able to move my joeys, I would pay within $5 of what I am paying now). This is why people have gone satellite. They have realized that you can afford these cool features we always bitch about dish adding with every software fi:mad:not to debate the software, not the purpose here, if you want to, we can start a new thread). My favorite thing, my cable can go out easily, when stuff happens like that rainstorm in Phx a couple months ago, and people were down for quite some time. I lost satellite signal for maybe 2 minutes during the worst rainstorm in AZ history, and that's because I have a properly installed and aligned antenna.

Reactions: Nominal
Any where that Cable TV is available is a good place for satellite TV. All the metros have cable TV. It's that simple....

Well all the extensions seem to indicate that CBS/Dish pretty much agree on all the terms. It is good to see a nice negotiation. I wonder if we will have 72 hour autohop on CBS soon?

Well all the extensions seem to indicate that CBS/Dish pretty much agree on all the terms. It is good to see a nice negotiation. I wonder if we will have 72 hour autohop on CBS soon?
Since my ABC is an affiliate, the 72 hr provision never happened. I would bet the same with CBS non-O&Os if they demand it.

Each affiliate has their own contracts, so unless they wrote that in, their own affiliate contracts, it would have to be.

I hope the CBS is over...but last night I saw a roll with, look out dish customers you are about to lose Comcast Sports Net, Giants games, 49er stuff...blah blah blah...just when I thought it was safe to come home.
God I'll be glad when this nonsense is over!

Not sure how much more clear I can make that. Let's try again. Your post makes no sense in the English language. Can you repost, but this time, review it before hitting send, by reading it back to yourself out loud. Is that more clear?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts