CBS stations return to DISH

So it appears to be about CBSSN... Didn't see that coming and it appears isn't a channel up for contract. (Unless CBS has another sports channel they want DISH to carry?)

I absolutely loathe my local cable provider Optimum (Cablevision) and the Dolan Family (the jerks who own it), but I have about had it with Charlie Ergen and his macho poker bullcrap. I've gone three or four years without any ANY local sports in NYC, because Ergen is bullheaded, and I'm fed up. My monthly bill is about $200 a month, including all the DVR's and America's Unlimited, etc. If it weren't for all the stuff we have on EHD, I would have told them to go to hell some time ago. Oh, and I'm a stock holder. Why I chose to invest in a company run by egotistical morons, well, must not have been a good week, what can I say.

I'm giving them a few days, but I'm ready to pull the plug on these jerks, and that's Dish Jerks, not CBS Jerks.

Soooo you willingly subscribe to DISH knowing they don't have your RSN's and then complain they don't have your RSN's. And the only reason you stay is for the recorded material on the EHD. Ok then I think I understand.

Reactions: mikew
Soooo you willingly subscribe to DISH knowing they don't have your RSN's and then complain they don't have your RSN's. And the only reason you stay is for the recorded material on the EHD. Ok then I think I understand.

A lot of people won't give up the #2 Satellite service Dish Network because of the content they have saved on their hard drives.

I am in the same boat, NO RSNs for the past couple of years but then again I'm only a baseball fan and a Mets fan at that, so personally I'm not missing much LOL

Reactions: david_jr
I absolutely loathe my local cable provider Optimum (Cablevision) and the Dolan Family (the jerks who own it), but I have about had it with Charlie Ergen and his macho poker bullcrap. I've gone three or four years without any ANY local sports in NYC, because Ergen is bullheaded, and I'm fed up. My monthly bill is about $200 a month, including all the DVR's and America's Unlimited, etc. If it weren't for all the stuff we have on EHD, I would have told them to go to hell some time ago. Oh, and I'm a stock holder. Why I chose to invest in a company run by egotistical morons, well, must not have been a good week, what can I say.

I'm giving them a few days, but I'm ready to pull the plug on these jerks, and that's Dish Jerks, not CBS Jerks.

OK, bye bye...Feel better now.

Reactions: Tampa8
A lot of people won't give up the #2 Satellite service Dish Network because of the content they have saved on their hard drives.

If RSN's were that important to someone I think they would. How about if the programs on the EHD are important to you, dropping to the least expensive package ($19? Not sure) and the $7 DVR fee then and get your programming from somewhere else.... My point really is crying about the RSN's then saying you have subscribed going on 4 years has a hollow ring to it.

I am in the same boat, NO RSNs for the past couple of years but then again I'm only a baseball fan and a Mets fan at that, so personally I'm not missing much LOL
LOL..... My condolences.
I am guessing if the RSN's were important to you, you would switch.

I get their anger, I'm still pissed that Primestar never carried The Movie Chanel. You might as well take the statement seriously. The no RSN in New York is an exhausted issue, in fact it's at dead horse status. Hate the Dolan Family all you want. If that's where the content you want is, go there. I get it though. It's not like there is a third option. Wait, what?

I certainly don't blame anyone if they had DISH to switch in NY if they want the RSN's. Like JerseyGuy I really only like baseball and if NESN was dropped probably would just get the MLB online package and/or listen on the radio. (Unlike JerseyGuy my team is the Red Sox who have won three World Series over the last 10 years so I have a reason to watch...:nana)

Reactions: The Fat Man
I still have CBS Sports Network and Showtime. I thought I was supposed to lose both of them. (Didn't read through every post here.)

Deal with it. The bubble is at its maximum pressure and is about to burst. More disputes, more dropped channels (or never picked up), are going to happen with many different providers. These things will have to happen to start the change in landscape that is long overdue.

I certainly don't blame anyone if they had DISH to switch in NY if they want the RSN's. Like JerseyGuy I really only like baseball and if NESN was dropped probably would just get the MLB online package and/or listen on the radio. (Unlike JerseyGuy my team is the Red Sox who have won three World Series over the last 10 years so I have a reason to watch...:nana)
Oh yeah!!! Is there a way to like the same pay more than once? Pssst, by the way, go soft on the Mets fans, we have a common enemy.

I'm betting you're not to pissed as a stockholder, since 2011 it was $32 a share and in the last 30 days it has ranged $73-79 a share.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts