Center Ice picture quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftaisawesome

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Tonight I was watching the Capitals and Canucks. It was supposed to be HD but, looked more like SD. It was awful. I switched to the SD channel and it was even worse.

Earlier I watched the Bruins and Blackhawks and it looked pretty good. Certainly significantly better than the Canucks game.

Is Center Ice usually like this?

Was it the Caps or Canucks broadcast? If it is in HD it is usually pretty good my biggest issue with CI is that too many of the games I want to see aren't ever in HD or when they say it is going to be HD sometimes it is actually SD with a smaller screen w/FSN borders on the sides.

Tonight I was watching the Capitals and Canucks. It was supposed to be HD but, looked more like SD. It was awful. I switched to the SD channel and it was even worse.

Earlier I watched the Bruins and Blackhawks and it looked pretty good. Certainly significantly better than the Canucks game.

Is Center Ice usually like this?

I noticed it too. It looked like a widescreen upconverted picture. I couldn't tell you for sure but CSN Cap broadcasts are usually very good.

What pisses me off is when Fs Det is showing a Pistons game they always make sure to have that game on hdtv BUT they do away with carrying the Red Wings games in hdtv. For some reason this year it doesnt seem like there is as many hdtv games avail this year. The SD transmissions usually look crummy as hell. One Red Wings SD transmission was so bad it hurt my eyes literally trying to watch it ( yes I have a 52" screen so Im going to really see it crummy when its a bad transmission)

What pisses me off is when Fs Det is showing a Pistons game they always make sure to have that game on hdtv BUT they do away with carrying the Red Wings games in hdtv. For some reason this year it doesnt seem like there is as many hdtv games avail this year. The SD transmissions usually look crummy as hell. One Red Wings SD transmission was so bad it hurt my eyes literally trying to watch it ( yes I have a 52" screen so Im going to really see it crummy when its a bad transmission)

I agree. The SD transmissions look so bad on my 50" plasma that I usually either stop watching them or end up watching them on my 36" tube TV in the bedroom.

Add me to the mix....TERRIBLE SD quality, and the HD games they have arent what I wanna watch. This was my first and last year since the 2006-2007 season to have CI, if they hadn't of credited us the whole season because of Versus, I'd be mighty mad....

I find myself watching less and less hockey. You hearing us, NHL? Of course you aren't. You don't give a damn as long as the gravy train keeps rolling....well this CajunBoy ain't playing anymore. :rant:

Was it the Caps or Canucks broadcast? If it is in HD it is usually pretty good my biggest issue with CI is that too many of the games I want to see aren't ever in HD or when they say it is going to be HD sometimes it is actually SD with a smaller screen w/FSN borders on the sides.

It was the Caps CSN Washington but, I guess by now you know that:D

I love how they have been saying more HD games now than ever. Actually no, there have been waaaaay fewer than last year, especially with the loss of the MSG games. I'd also like to know why just he Toronto games on Sportsnet are HD yet all the other teams get left out. Every single canadian teams games are broadcast in HD and Directv not getting all of those feeds is inexcuseable!!!

The Devils and Oilers tonight are not in HD (what else is new) and, as usual the SD quality is horrible.

Must be certain teams. Been watching the Red Wings all season long on Fox Sports Detroit and the picture quality has been great. About 90% of the games have been in HD.

Must be certain teams. Been watching the Red Wings all season long on Fox Sports Detroit and the picture quality has been great. About 90% of the games have been in HD.

Are you sure about that 90%?

Half the time, the Canadian teams aren't. Then you have the MSG games. Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Sabres. I don't think the SNY games are either.

If they can't have them all in HD, they could at least give more bandwidth to the SD games. Here's to hoping DTV reads this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts