Center Ice Standard Def? in 2011? what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your second sentence answered my question. :) Basically I was wondering if it's listed on 2 channels, which one is "Home" and which is "Away".

I noticed that the Center Ice app DIRECTV: Sports : NHL CENTER ICE : Schedules seems to be a bit out of date when comparing with the guide. For instance, on Saturday, it shows Pens/Leafs (Leafs Feed) on 770, but now in the guide it shows Jets/Lightning on 770 which is a bit disappointing as that means there probably won't be a CBC feed for the Leafs.

The guide gets updated constantly.....I'd check it Saturday and see
If the Leafs are the "main" game on HNIC there will be a feed for it

are you looking at the same guide as me? (or at least same day)

Saturday 10/29
770-1 and 770 Pens @ Leafs
771-1 and 771 Pens @ Leafs
by the way....770 is the ONLY channel they use for HNIC so that contradicts the home/away channel. If you look both HNIC games are on 770

are you looking at the same guide as me? (or at least same day)

Saturday 10/29
770-1 and 770 Pens @ Leafs
771-1 and 771 Pens @ Leafs
by the way....770 is the ONLY channel they use for HNIC so that contradicts the home/away channel. If you look both HNIC games are on 770

Interesting. I was looking at online guide (directv.com) as I am at work at the moment. I'll go check when I get home to see what the actual box shows.

NHL ownes the rights to out of market broadcasts. I would expect NHL CI would not change with the exception that you would lose local games if your FSN is dropped.

so i will be able to see all the games except the red wings, since i live in the local market? all these blackout restrictions are bs. i don't know if this makes me happier or even more mad at the whole thing

games that are local to you are blacked out NHL CI....they want you to watch it on the local RSN

remember...this is an OUT OF MARKET package :)

games that are local to you are blacked out NHL CI....they want you to watch it on the local RSN

remember...this is an OUT OF MARKET package :)

yea i know lol.

i just find the whole concept crap. i pay for both the local and out of market feed. i should be able to watch whatever one i want

Iceberg said:
The only feed you miss out on is the opponents feed

And the local feed starting Tuesday if Directv doesn't write the check...

Fox even running the KeepMyNets ad in the World Series.
Directv was running the Deion Sanders fairy Sunday Ticket ad for what it's worth.

edit: I dont see the other 2 games in the guide yet for Saturday
Jets/Lightning
Habs/Bruins

Looks like they updated the guide over the last couple of hours. Now 770/-1 is showing Jets/Lightning instead of Leafs/Pens even though the Leafs game is the "main" HNIC game. :(

yea i know lol.

i just find the whole concept crap. i pay for both the local and out of market feed. i should be able to watch whatever one i want

Well if Direct does not fix the problem with FOX you will not be able to see ANY Wings games at all.
How ever since I have Dish I will be able to see what ever what I want and in HD too.

The CBC HD feeds were a bit messed up tonight.

Looks like they decided to show the Jets/Lightning game on 770/-1 with CBC HD, however for the whole 1st period, they were showing the Leafs/Pens game on there. They realized the mistake and switched after the first period. This was a bit of an unexpected choice given that the Leafs/Pens was the "main" CBC game tonight. I watched the rest of the Leafs game with the Pens feed

Great CBCHD feed for the late game though (Was/Van).

It's really annoying that the real guide is out of sync with their NHL Center Ice schedule app (DIRECTV - NHL CENTER ICE Schedule). For instance, it shows 776-1 HD for the Calgary/Vancouver game that is on right now, but in fact, 776-1 in the real guide has no such program.

I wish they would keep these in sync so that we have an accurate picture of which games will be available in HD and which won't.

For those who are interested in this topic, I spoke with someone at D* Customer Advocacy Team who actually seemed to be pretty in-the-loop about Center Ice. Here's what he told me. Some of this may be old news to those more experienced folks on the board, but here it is:

1. He is going to follow up about the fact that the online schedule app is often out of sync with the actual guide. He says this should not be the case and is going to talk with the sports programming department to figure that part out
2. In cases where a Canadian team is playing a US team, and the game is shown on the US team's RSN, the NHL will generally only provide them one HD feed, and it will always be the US RSN. It appears the only exceptions to this are Sportsnet Ontario (since D* has direct access to those feeds from MLB) and CBC in some cases
3. He is going to follow up on cases where two Canadian teams have been playing and the game is not shown in HD (ie: Vancouver @ Calgary from this week). He said that this should not happen unless the NHL did not provide the feed.

It sounds to me like a lot of the limitations come from the NHL which does not always provide both the HD feeds.

I don't know if anything has changed from past seasons, but the NHL only provided SD feeds. It was up to each provider to reach an agreement with the various broadcasters to get HD feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts