Center Ice Standard Def? in 2011? what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have Dish and all most US feeds have not just one HD feed but they have two feeds, both teams.

Dude, I understand that Dish and DirecTV have most games in HD. But I was talking about cable and FIOS, who use In Demand for the feeds instead of their RSN feeds like satellite. I specified cable and FIOS. They only have one or two total HD feeds.

I have Dish and all most US feeds have not just one HD feed but they have two feeds, both teams.
I have NEVER seen any HD feeds from ANY Canadian teams unless they are on NHL Network .
It seems that this year the NHL Network is nolonger doing HNIC feeds on Saterday like they did in the last few years.
This week they have the Wings game on. They do carry the HNIC pre game half hour at 6:30 .
I did look in on TW cable last year and they told me that they had only ONE HD feed and that one was shared with the NBA!

They just started the multi HD feeds this year. Two years ago we had one Center Ice HD Feed. Last year they added a 2nd Center Ice HD Feed (Channel). This year we got 9 possible Center Ice HD Channels, in addition to our regular Sabres HD Channel , NHL Network, Vs and the MSG Plus HD Channel (Devils/Islanders). They black out the Rangers MSG broadcasts because of sabres territory rights.

I haven't seen an answer to this question anywhere yet.
If DirecTV pulls all the 19 regional Fox sports networks off on 11/1 as they are threatening to do, will the CI broadcasts be affected on DirecTV in anyway?

I haven't seen an answer to this question anywhere yet.
If DirecTV pulls all the 19 regional Fox sports networks off on 11/1 as they are threatening to do, will the CI broadcasts be affected on DirecTV in anyway?

NHL ownes the rights to out of market broadcasts. I would expect NHL CI would not change with the exception that you would lose local games if your FSN is dropped.

NHL ownes the rights to out of market broadcasts. I would expect NHL CI would not change with the exception that you would lose local games if your FSN is dropped.
When they lose the direct broadcast relationship, they are only able to use the feeds supplied by the league which are predominantly SD. You'll still get to see all the games, but the NHL doesn't lease enough transponder capacity to supply a full set of HD feeds.

just the "main" games which were Tor/Mtl & NYR/Oilers

Jets game I recorded via Hurricanes feed because as of Friday morning the CBC feed was still SD only (I left to go out of town)

The Rangers@Jets game tonight on MSG HD Channel 634 and Channel 772-1 is blacked out for me again.SD works fine.Anybody else having the same Issues?

Yeah, I had to refresh all of my receivers tonight for some reason. Probably had something to do with the Center Ice free preview ending yesterday?

I see that the guide shows both Home and Away HD feeds for this coming Saturday for the Leafs/Pens and the Caps/Canucks games. That would imply CBC HD again -- let's see if it happens!

Yeah, I had to refresh all of my receivers tonight for some reason. Probably had something to do with the Center Ice free preview ending yesterday?

I think it has to do with the fact that they're using the -1 channels even for full time HD RSNs and using that for their Anti-Fox propaganda channels. In any event, I too needed to reauthorize the HD DVRs and the HD receiver last night.

Also I see this Saturday @ 4:00 the guide shows Pens/Leafs on channel 156 which appears to be a DirecTV CINEMA channel (CINEHD). Any idea what that's about?

Is there any way to know from looking at the guide which team's feed is on which channel?

I dont get what you mean.....the NHL CI channels there is no "team" associated with a specific channel...its random
But if there are 2 listings the top one is the away team, bottom is home team

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)