Center mount LNB vs 4-point mount???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
Is there any significant difference between a center mounted LNB arm vs a 4-point mounting system?

The center mounted seems to direct the LNB directly in the center, but I wondered if the mounting bar coming out the middle would have an affect on the signal.

As long as the button hook feedhorn support is stabilized, the performance will be identical. I previously owned a Paraclipse with a button hook design support arm. The feedhorn would shake in medium to heavy wind gusts. Stabilized the feedhorn with three turnbuckle tensioned guy wires .

The feedhorn shadows the button hook arm design and the center of the reflector, so there is no loss of signal.

As long as the button hook feedhorn support is stabilized, the performance will be identical. I previously owned a Paraclipse with a button hook design support arm. The feedhorn would shake in medium to heavy wind gusts. Stabilized the feedhorn with three turnbuckle tensioned guy wires .

The feedhorn shadows the button hook arm design and the center of the reflector, so there is no loss of signal.

Okay, thanks.

I currently have a 10' Winegard with a 4-point mounting setup. I just got another 10' Winegard, but it has finer mesh. Actually little holes as opposed to the mesh I have now.

But on the Winegard I just got, the center plate rusted out, so I need the plate that goes on the back and the plate that the buttonhook arms slides into.

I was considering just blocking off the center hole and using the 4-point setup on the new dish.

Last edited:
You will probably like the quad legs better as it is easier to plumb and align the scaler. Consider forming slots instead of holes for the legs to mount to the scaler. This allows easier centering of the scaler and feedhorn. Make sure to place the scaler at the correct focal distance if you fabricate the quad legs.

No need to block the center hole unless it is for cosmetic or protecting the polar mount.

You will probably like the quad legs better as it is easier to plumb and align the scaler. Consider forming slots instead of holes for the legs to mount to the scaler. This allows easier centering of the scaler and feedhorn. Make sure to place the scaler at the correct focal distance if you fabricate the quad legs.

Great, thanks!

No need to block the center hole unless it is for cosmetic or protecting the polar mount.

Oh, really. I was thinking it had to be blocked off. So having it open won't create any signal loss?

the other thing about the button hook is there is no way to adjust it without adding guy wires. it simply sits where it ends up. i took mine of the 9 foot spun and built a quadpod lnb mounting system. way more adjustable.

crackt out,.

No loss because the scalar is blocking it anyway.

True. I think the hole is a little bigger than the scalar, but it should not make a difference at all.

I think I will switch to the scalar off an Eagle Aspen I got. I don't think it came with the Eagle though, but it is a better scalar. The BSC621-2 scalar sucks.

With the dish on the ground, I think the 4-point will be easy to mount and get centered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)