Chaleston, SC guide data wrong on ABC 4

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
The guide has always been correct but yesterday I rescanned for locals, when it was done and I saved, the guide on the main channel both over satellite and OTA was wrong. It now shows guide data for the sub channel 4.2 the ME TV channel when it should be the main network ABC channel. What is funny is that prior to me rescanning the ME TV sub channel always showed "digital service" so I had to use manual timers to record shows on 4.2 which was a pain.

I have tried everything to fix. Red button reset, unplug the hopper. This last time I disconnected the dish and ran check switch when error of no signal showed I reconnected the dish and reset. The
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1412528271.773717.jpg
new guide data downloaded after about 10 minutes but it is still the same. What gives, need help.

Email dishquality@echostar.com for all audio/video problems and guide information. Inform them and leave a phone number -preferably your account phone number and then check back in a week later and do it again. If you keep on emailing them they will get back to you . I had to work through them to get my ota channels correct for our local area. The only channels we don't get ota guide information is the low powered stations for Mytx and Fox-mundo. Nothing on either one that I watch so I'm good.

WCIV moved to 36.2, they have sold the old channel 4 to HSH Holdings, and are keeping MeTV on there just to keep the transmitter lit up. MeTV is also on 36.3. WCIV-ABC is no longer on channel 4.
Same thing is happening in the Birmingham DMA, ABC 33/40 is on 17.2 and 68.2, and Heartland is on 33.1 and 40.1 to keep them I the air while Sinclair tries to get the FCC to approve the sale of the 33 and 40 licenses to HSH.

Ok I get it, right now both 36.2 and mapped down 4 on the guide show the network feed. When will Dish catch up? Right now there is no accurate guide data on either channel. 36.2 is showing "WCIV" in the guide all all day and the mapped down sat channel shows ME. Frustrating.

What about removing the OTA channels, then re-scan to add them back in ? OTA guide refreshing isn't instant - wait 30-60 minutes or even longer for it to reappear.

Did that, deleted the locals rebooted, then rescanned still the same. What I can't figure is why before I rescanned the locals again the ABC affiliate had proper shows listed. Guide still wrong after nightly update. I did email them but saw another thread where it took someone about a month to fix a similar situation. I wonder if DIRT can assist?

Hall I re read your post, the guide for the SAT channel is wrong not just the OTA guide it is both. Don't know how scanning locals could cause this?

Yes, I realized that.... Just throwing out ideas and since the OTA guide seems to be part of the problem (over-writing the SAT guide data ?), it was just an idea.

What about removing the scanned, OTA locals and not re-adding them (for a while). Maybe even reboot in between.

Lastly, anyone else in your area, with OTA, seeing this ? That would help determine if it's your receiver at fault or if it's at Dish's end.

No go, disconnected the OTA tuner and rebooted. Guide came up without the OTA stations and the guide is still wrong for the SAT channel. Must be at dish's end. I must be only Sat guys member with dish in Charleston area. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Do you use Facebook? If so, check that station's page and see if others are complaining about this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You're a genius Hall! People are complaining on Facebook. Seems they uploaded the wrong programming and it is affecting cable systems as well. They are working on it.

Fixed as of last night. Station put out wrong guide which got picked up by all subscribers

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)