Channel 996 is a go!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's a "Go" so far as showing up on the guide. From another discussion board, it appears most of us cannot see it. We see the bottom screen banner, "Not available in your area. Check guide for alternative programming." Why does D* tease us like this? If I cannot view it, I don't want to know it's out there.

Maybe it is on 119 or a spotbeam? I have not checked that. Some of my receivers do not have 119. Can't check now as I am doing the work thing.

I did a Google Search for Gospel Music Channel, found a website and sent them an email. Here's the reply I received:

We launched on DIRECTV yesterday in several of their markets. We are a
National channel carried by cable providers across the country. DIRECTV
chose to put us on several markets but not all (including yours). I do
have a suggestion however. Please call 1-800-331-4DTV and ask for the
channel. DIRECTV has indicated that the more they hear from their
subscribers about Gospel Music Channel requests the more inclined they
will be to launch us sooner in the rest of their markets.

Thanks so much for your interest in Gospel Music Channel, and thank you
for your efforts in getting us on in your area on DIRECTV.

Best regards,
Julie Kelly
Assistant to the President
Gospel Music Channel

As I posted on DBS Forums, pure DirecTV idiocy. At least it's not a channel I'm really interested in. I guess that's how DirecTV is gonna add new channels. AmericanLife TV will only be available in Wyoming, Nevada, Vermont, and New Hampshire if it's ever added. LOL.

I show chnl #996 as WITF-TV (PBS - Harrisburg, PA)

The 900's are almost always for LIL and usually only seen on much older receivers.

Whats up? Maybe that local buying some sort of syndication like "The Tube"?

Like charper1 said, last I saw it was being used for channel 996 in the Harrisburg local channel package. I am unsure if DirecTV did something to cause it to show up in the guides by mistake.

JohnH said:
Well, it left 996 here but it is on channel 15. Have not checked the D1 to see where it is now.

15 is a local affiliate channel as well. What is their call sign on channel 15?

Wonder what this Cable Channel is doing amongst our Local Channels. Seem to be stretching the Contiguous Block rule for Local channels.

Any comment on that Greg?

Sorry I meant chnl #'s that low indicate or are in the local remap range, which is why I asked what the call sign was and you sent that. TY

charper1 said:
Found this

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs...403/BUSINESS11/604030338/1438/ENTERTAINMENT50

Seems they may be adding this to LIL where those DMAs may have added it as a local service, not sure, just a guess; If so, then can we assume they are required to add it?
Nice find. Some may remember Rex and Maude Amy Humbard from services that aired in the 60' and 70's from the Cathedral of Tomorrow in Akron, Ohio.

But this channel is not a local channel and should not be within that channel range as I intepret the rule.

My life is now complete. Oh thank you DTV for giving me this!!!!

Whatever... A gospel music channel. WHY???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)