Channel Line Up change 3/31/05

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
I have just spoke with Eric Becker of Starz and he has confirmed that Starz is pulling the plug on the Encode HD Feeds as of March 31st.

The reason for this is the fact that the penetration of their Encore HD service is very low by cable and satellite companies.

Again VOOM is not pulling the plug on Encore HD East and West, Starz is the one who is pulling the plug on the service.

Starz hopes to relaunch Encore HD in the future when there is more bandwidth on cable and satellite systems.

Hey Scott, how about talking to them about actually providing HD on Starz instead of the up-converted crap they have been running, look at the Saturday Premieres for the next two months.

vurbano said:
I pay for all of the packs. And I think combining the content with starz is a good idea.
I think you're probably much more knowledgeable than a casual viewer. All I meant was that I could see how some guy who chose the Starz Pack over something else, in large part due to the Pack's having 3 HD channels, might be disappointed -- at least initially. I'll bet there'll bet some folks who see it simply as 3 HD channels are better than 2. I wouldn't necessarily agree with them.

What makes EncoreHD an asset, it's a showcase for recycling older titles.

No premiers.

In the mix EncoreHD provided more variety.

Again, I feel this is just too much of a coincidence...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts