MORE NEWS: Another Board CVC Meeting set for 1/31/05? Nothing Reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Given the history of these CVC Board meetings, there seems to be one set for Monday, January 31, 2005 according to this source. This could be the final breath that will disconnect VOOM for good. Interested that it will occur a day before the expected 2/1/05 (according to Wall Street Journal) no more money to fund VOOM.

I think Voom should either email or send out letters to its "die-hard" customers before the plug is pulled. I am hoping its done after superbowl.

they could also vote to fund VOOM thru the transition. Since the sale was announce after the last board meeting. they could not alter their course. Also I wonder if they can call an emergency meeting of stockholders or as for a vote? Charlie has the upper hand there.

Sean,
I do not know why you pulled one of my posts from another thread questioning the authenticity of the said source. Anyone can say that they work for Voom and spoon feed us Voomers a bunch of BS for their own amusement. Why can't davis McGreaw
simply show evidence that he works for Voom, otherwise I assume you took his board meeting announcement on blind faith.

Why do you keep changing Threads??::: We have a Topic and it just gooooes away???

everything I have seen so far and heard confirms that he works for VOOM/Rainbow. Yes, I took his 1/31/05 Board Meeting statement blindly. I have yet to hear from another source of this meeting. This is why there is a question mark on the thread.

Should something happen (good or bad depending on one's point of view :) ) on Monday (or during the week), it will definite tell us whether his information was accurate or not?

At this point it is very hard to get any accurate information before the fact because all the decisions are being made at the board level. The ripple effect of those decisions will be felt every where within the company and eventually to us, the suscribers.

If you read back on some earlier stories, January 31st has been marked as the possible end of Voom. So this date has been mentioned before.

vurbano said:
DO you think 7.34 was really a timebomb?

Now that's funny. A real possibility I grant you but funny. I have thought the same thing and was prepared to go to a mental ward for evaluation. lol

i'll tell you if they JUST pull the plug-then Voom and cablevision will have a black eye on them--and i will curse them :)

if they just CUT IT OFF without the decency of warning so we can switch--i'll be damned if i pay my latest bill i'll put it in dispute with amex..i hope they act like decent people and phase it out if thats what it will be with warning so people can switch--i of course am still hoping for them to stay!!

Come on Guy's

You're Voomer's or Not?: Again the Quote From a Voom Supervior: Spokane Whashinton : " Hank ";We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support :: you have to belive or not. all the other is nothing more then ": Bs"

kelljc said:
You're Voomer's or Not?: Again the Quote From a Voom Supervior: Spokane Whashinton : " Hank ";We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support :: you have to belive or not. all the other is nothing more then ": Bs"
It would be difficult to cram any more spelling or grammar errors into your post but I'm willing to bet that you are hard at work crafting another gem. Eye kant weight too sea it!

You know what ?

subdude212 said:
It would be difficult to cram any more spelling or grammar errors into your post but I'm willing to bet that you are hard at work crafting another gem. Eye kant weight too sea it!
::
I got a " F " in English but a A+ in Business, I hire people to spell for me : don't worry about the English Worry about VOOM: quote from Voom:We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support :: That's all you have to know:

Sean Mota said:
Given the history of these CVC Board meetings, there seems to be one set for Monday, January 31, 2005 according to this source. This could be the final breath that will disconnect VOOM for good. Interested that it will occur a day before the expected 2/1/05 (according to Wall Street Journal) no more money to fund VOOM.
If the "Board" acts as quickly as they did last week after the infamous "meeting", we should expect VOOM going dark next Tuesday :no

kelljc said:
::
I got a " F " in English but a A+ in Business, I hire people to spell for me : don't worry about the English Worry about VOOM: quote from Voom:We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support :: That's all you have to know:

**Sorry**

Please lets keep the subject on VOOM and not how people spell or type... (I am the worst one here at both) :D

Just got a call and was told "The VOOM story is not done yet."

I have no idea what that means but I do know that VOOM will be advertising here next month.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please lets keep the subject on VOOM and not how people spell or type... (I am the worst one here at both) :D

Just got a call and was told "The VOOM story is not done yet."

I have no idea what that means but I do know that VOOM will be advertising here next month.
Ok, call me when it IS done. I figure that's when the E* HD story WILL begin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)