MORE NEWS: Another Board CVC Meeting set for 1/31/05? Nothing Reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kelljc said:
Unless we all move to Canada and order " BEV " they might be the best in the sky, Again let me have a pass on my Gramar and spelling, both of I'm poor at>. Let's hope " VOOM Stay's for just 1 more Month".

There are legal ways to open a Bev (BellExpressVu - Canadian Sat provider that uses dish hardware) subscription here in the United States, and there are also some illegal ways to pirate the programing as well.

Following are links to the legal ways:

w*w.bellexpressvu.com this is the site to see what is available in HD

w*w.canamsatellites.com this is the broker site where you need to get your equipment and you can find out about watching Canadian HD Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) in the U.S.

(Replace the * with a w for the url to work.)

You can use there service to get access to ABC/CBC/NBC/FOX/PBS HD network feeds. Alot easier then getting waivers here in the U.S. from Dish and DirecTV for access to the network feeds.

labnet said:
... I'm afraid they will make a Shopping network channel in HD! Real bad!

What?!? You mean to say you *don't* want to see the fine detail of each single feather of the Suzanne Somers Marabou Bolero Jacket? :D

319453_img.jpg

Avaliable for the low-low price of $225.00 if you act now! (shipping and handling $10.95)

richard_rd, I have been giving BEV a lot of thought. $25/mo basic $10/mo for about 11 HD comes out to, depending on the exchange rate, $28. IMHO a bargan!

You can not legally subscribe to BEV here in US. Just like you can not subscribe to Dish or DTV in Canada. Its a fact! Just try. Only way is if you have someones address in Canada and autopay monthly with CC

richard_rd said:
There are legal ways to open a Bev subscription here in the United States,
In other words, there are people who will assist a person in the United States in violating US law as well as lie to the Canadian provider about the true location of the receive dish.

I'm looking forward to an announcement from Cablevision as to the "transition" of Voom subscribers (most likely to no signal) and the disposition of the satellite service. Every day delay just allows the rabid to fester their halucinations.

JL

I do have to admit that another board meeting sounds ominous. After the results of the last meeting my guess would be that the board will be considering what they can do to minimize further losses. Unless there is actually someone making an offer that they need to consider (either for Voom as a service in some form, or for additional assets being sold off piecemeal), it would seem likely to me that the board would order a total shutdown soon.

I know Scott mentioned elsewhere that there may still be something up with Voom. Whatever it is, seems like it would be in their best interests to announce a more specific "transition plan" and target timeline soon, even if they can't reveal all details. Statements about continuing operations as usual during a transition period are meaningless until there's actually something to transition to besides turning off service.

Regardless, I continue Vooming as long as I still have a signal!

- jame

The world was supposed to come to an end on Jan 1, 2000 according to some. We'll have to wait and see.

Scott

Well just think of all the voom subscribers that have no clue what is going on behind the scenes right now and are just happily enjoying their voom programming, if it just goes dark with no word of warning for all these customers, the sh*t is really going to hit the fan!!!!

Voom really needs to stay alive, I am getting tired of this corporate BS where the little guy always gets bought out. If it wasnt for the word monopoly we would have one satellite service right now. There is always only going to be 2 big companies on what ever the service is because of monopolies and the 3rd business will always be bought out. Its a damn shame.

phatbastard said:
Voom really needs to stay alive, I am getting tired of this corporate BS where the little guy always gets bought out. If it wasnt for the word monopoly we would have one satellite service right now. There is always only going to be 2 big companies on what ever the service is because of monopolies and the 3rd business will always be bought out. Its a damn shame.

More competition is always better for the consumer. And it seems obvious to me that D* and E* aren't really interested in offering better service. For a 3rd service to succeed would be better for all DBS customers.

I wonder about the people who actually wanted Voom to fail (not those who simply thought it would). I don't think they realize that E* and D* will take it as a mandate that they can do what they want and charge what they want. As someone who previously had E* service for 6 years, I am thankful that the FCC didn't allow the E*-D* merger.

- jame

iceshark said:
Fact is it is not legal and should not have been posted here!

This is ridiculous... Would you please, stop being the "Moral Police" here? I bet nobody needs this here. We've seen enough of this from our gov already, no need for self-proclaimed sermonizers.

As long as some business provide this as a service, I don't see why a simply link couldn't be posted here. It's ridiculous - they don't sell drugs etc.

T2k said:
This is ridiculous... Would you please, stop being the "Moral Police" here? I bet nobody needs this here. We've seen enough of this from our gov already, no need for self-proclaimed sermonizers.

As long as some business provide this as a service, I don't see why a simply link couldn't be posted here. It's ridiculous - they don't sell drugs etc.

Check item #5 at the bottom of the page found here.

subdude212 said:
Check item #5 at the bottom of the page found here.

Exactly that's my point: he did NOT talk about such things.
All he did is linked a business' website with affordable HD DBS service. If he would have started explaining how to do it - ie set up fake Canadian bank accounts/residence/etc -, that would've been illegal. But nobody said anything like that.

Besides this you never know, maybe that company found some back stair solution.

phatbastard said:

Just for the record, V* failed on it's own, no one bought it out.

NightRyder

Some off-topic posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic!

phatbastard said:
Well just think of all the voom subscribers that have no clue what is going on behind the scenes right now and are just happily enjoying their voom programming, if it just goes dark with no word of warning for all these customers, the sh*t is really going to hit the fan!!!!

Why is that? Hell...we don't know if or when that's going to happen either, so other than the pending sale of the sat, I don't think we know a whole lot more than the other subs who don't frequent this board.

Knowing that something MIGHT happen, but not what or when, doesn't make things any better, does it? lol

Lob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)