MORE NEWS: Another Board CVC Meeting set for 1/31/05? Nothing Reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And although this may seem obvious to many but I have a feeling voom is still doing advertising and signing up new customers because they are going to get a huge kickback from dish when the transition is over. We will probably get some silly mail saying that are HD provider is now dish and this is how you sign up to enjoy all your hd programming. And by doing this dish is going to think that its gonna pick up 25,000 subs or whatever the number is. So eventually vooms pockets will be filled with dish's money with a huge kickback from the satellite provider that i left to join v0om. I hate Dish!

Bilodeaumj said:
Easy for you to say Mr. East Coaster. Some of us West Coasties are still at work with no VOOM capabilities...

I tend to forget about the folks on the left coast. If Voom does survive I hope they put the programming on AMC6 so the West Coasties will have a slightly better look angle. Better yet I hope they park a new satellite right over Texas so we all can see.

Vurbano..I am beginning to agree with you. Also not seen any post from Scott or Sean here for a considerable amout of time.

gutter said:
Vurbano..I am beginning to agree with you. Also not seen any post from Scott or Sean here for a considerable amout of time.

haven't heard anything. Can we assume "no news" is good "news"? Maybe not since we all would like to know more. :)

Thanks Sean...at least it is comforting knowing that you don't know anything that we don't know that you know. What?? Good to see a post.

Walter L. said:
According to the "source", if such meeting takes place we would know by later today or tomorrow:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=307009&postcount=63

I questioned this source on whether he was really employed by Voom. He PM'd me and ask what proof I needed. I asked for a scan of a badge or a scan of a payroll check stub, etc., etc. It has been a couple of days and still no proof.
I think he was just trolling.

davis_mcgreaw said:
What type of proof do you want that i work there?

I think people just say stuff to inflame others and get kicks out of it, enjoy Voom and relax, if they are going to cut it off what good is knowing a few days in advance?

r.jones1116 said:
I questioned this source on whether he was really employed by Voom. He PM'd me and ask what proof I needed. I asked for a scan of a badge or a scan of a payroll check stub, etc., etc. It has been a couple of days and still no proof.
I think he was just trolling.

I wonder how he convinced Sean?

Latest news was the board was meeting all day and took a dinner break at 5 and was going to meet back up this evening...no one here knows anything about what was going on....that news was a 7 when i left

From a previous post...it appears that Sean has known him to be an employee before this post. Also why would anyone have to scan anything to prove who they are to anyone else. here. That seems to be going over the top. This form is not the FBI or the Washington Post. I have written to other Cablevision people who post here. I believe Sean and Scott know who they are. I am just glad they are hear, good or bad news, and share their feelings and what's going on.

davis_mcgreaw said:
Latest news was the board was meeting all day and took a dinner break at 5 and was going to meet back up this evening...no one here knows anything about what was going on....that news was a 7 when i left

Thanks for the update. I guess you may find out more tomorrow. What a long meeting. Doesn't sound like it was an easy "let's shut it down" type discussion. Also would they not have to vote on the sale to E*?

Same source just reported that the board did meet and they took a dinner break at 5. He left at 7 and not heard anything.

Originally Posted by davis_mcgreaw
As an employee of Rainbow and Voom who is getting laid off (tomorrow is my last day), the latest infomation employee have is that everything is on hold until a board meeting Monday that will determine what to do with the remaining Voom assets. So wait until late monday night or tuesday to find out the outcome of the meeting. There is no sense in speculating right now because there is no clear answer until Monday

Davis,
You posted this on 1/27/05 (if not earlier). Your last day at work was Friday.
Why are you still at work if you were canned. I'm also awaiting your proof of employment at Voom. You PM'd me on Friday asking me what proof I needed. I answered and I'm still waiting on your proof.

r.jones1116 said:
Originally Posted by davis_mcgreaw
As an employee of Rainbow and Voom who is getting laid off (tomorrow is my last day), the latest infomation employee have is that everything is on hold until a board meeting Monday that will determine what to do with the remaining Voom assets. So wait until late monday night or tuesday to find out the outcome of the meeting. There is no sense in speculating right now because there is no clear answer until Monday

Davis,
You posted this on 1/27/05 (if not earlier). Your last day at work was Friday.
Why are you still at work if you were canned. I'm also awaiting your proof of employment at Voom. You PM'd me on Friday asking me what proof I needed. I answered and I'm still waiting on your proof.

i seen the same post and was wondering the same thing!!!!!!!!

gutter said:
From a previous post...it appears that Sean has known him to be an employee before this post. Also why would anyone have to scan anything to prove who they are to anyone else. here. That seems to be going over the top. This form is not the FBI or the Washington Post. I have written to other Cablevision people who post here. I believe Sean and Scott know who they are. I am just glad they are hear, good or bad news, and share their feelings and what's going on.

This forum is full of trolls trying to disrupt harmony. Besides he PM'd me offering to show me proof. I replied back on what types of proof might be sufficient which he still hasn't provided.

Your friend,
Bill Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts