MORE NEWS: Another Board CVC Meeting set for 1/31/05? Nothing Reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
davis_mcgreaw said:
Latest news was the board was meeting all day and took a dinner break at 5 and was going to meet back up this evening...no one here knows anything about what was going on....that news was a 7 when i left
When you left where? Your last day as a contract employee for Rainbow/Voom was Friday. Or should I say your last alleged day...

Fool us once shame on you --- fool us twice shame on us. The next couple of weeks will be important in knowing the future of Voom. The next 24 hours will be important in deciding if we can trust your reports.

JL

justalurker said:
When you left where? Your last day as a contract employee for Rainbow/Voom was Friday. Or should I say your last alleged day...

Fool us once shame on you --- fool us twice shame on us. The next couple of weeks will be important in knowing the future of Voom. The next 24 hours will be important in deciding if we can trust your reports.

JL

As a freelancer you dont have a contract they told me I was done last Friday and because of that I was booked working on things for fuse which is also part of Cablevision and happens to be right on the same floor as Voom....

Davis Mcgraw

Davis, so if you REALLY work for voom, how come no info on the meeting today. You should have the inside scoop , what gives. What happened today, when did they meet, i thought today was going to be the last day of voom. What happenened?

They ALREADYT Voted on the sale of assets to e*. If not there would not be an 8K. That is a filing requirted by law after such a sale has been approved.

Sorry but this whole thing seems fake to me.

Based on Sean's faith in seeming to know him. I don't doubt him.

Geronimo said:
They ALREADYT Voted on the sale of assets to e*. If not there would not be an 8K. That is a filing requirted by law after such a sale has been approved.

They voted to sell an unfinished uplink facility in SD and a satellite only.

We're talking about the remaining assets.

Sorry but this whole thing seems fake to me.

:confused:

Sorry but this whole post doesn't make any sense to me.

Davis....are you an editor or a producer?

To the rest...don't bash Davis for not having all the info about the Board meeting. If he is a freelance writer, editor or producer, he is not privy to inside information on that level. No one except top level management would even know some of it.
It's great that he's been giving us at least confirmation that the Board was meeting and that it went on through the evening...please cut him a break, his job is on the line here...!!!

Actually I was responding to apost that stated that they had to vote on rthe sale to E* . And my statement that they ALREADY voted on that is true.

The post I responded to indicated thata board meeting was necessary. My post made it clear that it was not necessary----and probably never happened.

If such a meeting gtook place there would be some record of it and there is not. That seems very odd to me.

truqui said:
Davis....are you an editor or a producer?

To the rest...don't bash Davis for not having all the info about the Board meeting. If he is a freelance writer, editor or producer, he is not privy to inside information on that level. No one except top level management would even know some of it.
It's great that he's been giving us at least confirmation that the Board was meeting and that it went on through the evening...please cut him a break, his job is on the line here...!!![/QUOTE

Well said. sean is the only one to be able to really confirm his authenticity.

If he is being bashed it is for presentinga story that does not seem to add up. He mentioned on Thursday that he was leaving his job the next day. On Monday he was still there. He knows about a board meeting that no one else has knowledge of and that has not been repoted in the industry press. It sounds peculiar to me.

He is also a freelance contractor that Cablevision or VOOm legally cannot control when he works. They can tell him that he has so much to do and and a deadline but can't force him to do it at any specific time. So he can come and go as he like as long as the job is done,..in time and to their satisfaction. If he is a source lets leave him be one. Again I think Sean is the final saya nd seems to know he is real.

Geronimo said:
If he is being bashed it is for presentinga story that does not seem to add up. He mentioned on Thursday that he was leaving his job the next day. On Monday he was still there. He knows about a board meeting that no one else has knowledge of and that has not been repoted in the industry press. It sounds peculiar to me.

If he's the only source that mentioned the meeting and there are onthere sources here, then it is strange but that doesn't mean he's not what he claims. A freelancer can get called in for a job the same day he was told not too. It comes with the freelance territory.

gutter said:
He is also a freelance contractor that Cablevision or VOOm legally cannot control when he works. They can tell him that he has so much to do and and a deadline but can't force him to do it at any specific time. So he can come and go as he like as long as the job is done,..in time and to their satisfaction. If he is a source lets leave him be one. Again I think Sean is the final saya nd seems to know he is real.

Yeah let him be, but you're not correct on the control issue. I hire freelancers for post-production, writing, producing, voice-over work every week. They have a work schedule, which is like a regular employee.

Geronimo said:
The post I responded to indicated thata board meeting was necessary. My post made it clear that it was not necessary----and probably never happened.
The alleged Monday meeting was to discuss the future of Voom. Based on the rumor that Voom was only being funded by Cablevision through January 31st, a meeting would be required to decide if funding would continue and for how long - or if an orderly shutdown would occur.

gutter said:
He is also a freelance contractor that Cablevision or VOOm legally cannot control when he works.
If it were only that easy! Freelancers have deadlines and many places DO require progress to be shown on deadline and require daily apperance at a work site.
gutter said:
Again I think Sean is the final saya nd seems to know he is real.
I believe Sean gave Davis the benefit of the doubt and has no other knowledge than we have.

With NO confirmation that a meeting occurred, Davis is losing his rep.

JL

One more time I was responding to a SPECIFIC post that said that a baord meeting would be required to discuss the sale to E*. That is NOT the case.

As for what the agenda was how can you possibly comment on the agenda of a meeting that we cannot verify even took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)