Channel Mapping on W5 at this time

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In my case yes. Either my orb 7500 analog is just an exceptional pulse counting appliance or the vbox sucks LOL I am no sure. My mom lives with ne now and I have a vbox in her bedroom connected to a 7.5' c/ku mesh dish setup with a new 36" actuator. I have used an analog box to move her dish and it tracks better. The only thing I can think may cause vbox to get of track is sloppy relays. The relays could be slow responding. Don't get me wrong the vbox is a Godsend but it needs improvement and needs polarizer control for servo feedhorns.

hard to say really without tearing one apart and analyzing componets and design. If you think about it however most of our analog receivers are old and were actually very high quality japanese electronics. The vbox is made in china with what i am guessing to be the cheapest componets possible to save money.

both my vboxes overshoot their targets over time. Of course any tracking system is going to neeed resyncing but it seems the vbox needs it quite frequently.

it could be the diseqc interface maybe...i know a lot of FTA receivers have flakey diseqc software. my pansat 9200 will totally flip out if you store too many satellites under diseqc.

johnnynobody, I've been using one for awhile now and haven't really noticed any problems. Although I'm always fooling around with it and moving the dish to tweak.
I do sometimes wonder how these things work as well as they do as I notice the dish does get cruising pretty good when its on its return and I wonder how it stops right on that pre-determined mark. I would imagine any dish mover would need the odd "bump" to get it right where it needs to be.

If none of this stuff can get the dish to stop "on a dime" then I wonder how they can advertise some of this stuff as Ku compatible if I have to repeak on C band sats.

Last edited:
I just thought it would be a good alterative, maybe not, I have been looking for an analog receiver but can't seam to find one, got rid of mine, a lot time ago, now I am wishing I hadn't.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts