Channels Missing from programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nickf

Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I have a Hughes 8.5' wire mesh with corotor feedhorn, NORSAT 8115 LNB C-Band, DSR-922, HDD-200. I just renewed my prgramming and now get Max and HBO on G1. The problem is I get the first 4 channels of MAX and not the last three. I called my programmer and they say I need to adjust my dish. I adjusted it and now the quality on the HBO's and MAX I received went from 64 to 80 (Signal is at 100 on G1) but I am still missing those other channels. Can anyone help me here? The dish and cables are 17 years old, the rest is much newer.

These are the Cinemax channels. Which ones are you missing?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-124 Cinemax East*[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-126 Cinemax West*
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-127 MoreMax East*[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-129 MoreMax West*
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-130 ActionMax East*
• G1-132 ActionMax West*
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-133 ThrillerMax East*[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-135 ThrillerMax West*[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-137 W Max*
• G1-139 @Max*
• G1-141 5StarMax*
• G1-143 OuterMax*
[/FONT]

They are all C-band, no Ku feeds, so there shouldn't be a problem. If you have a strong quality signal for the rest then dish tuning is not the answer.

However, if you're actually talking about the HBO HD channels, then you need a Ku LNB to receive them. See below:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G9-118 HBO East (HD feed)**
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G9-120 HBO West (HD feed) **

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]** requires Motorola 4DTV digital receiver or sidecar and Ku-Band LNB

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

G1-133 thru G1-143 are missing. No DC light. All the HBO'a are on G1 also.

You problem still lies with the dish being out of adjustment, those channels are a pain to get.

Your feedhorn servo motor may not be turning the probe in the feedhorn. Or the wiring is loose or disconnected. Check to be sure you have all three of your feedhorn servo wires connected.

Servo motors do go bad.

Thanks to all for the help. I am going to replace the feedhorn and servo motor (this one is 17 years old and lives in 110+ degree summers for 5 months a year. I am going to add KU at the same time. I will let you know what happens.

Make sure you check for a wasp nest if you don't have a cap on the feedhorn before working on it, the little guys can be a real pain.

Sergei , right on the money! I almost got zapped today when I lifted up the backside of my
no-longer=used direcway dish, which was sitting on the ground behind my storage shed.
I thought the devils had mostly raised their evil offspring and abandoned nests this late in the
summer, WRONG. About 6 of them big red ones stormed out of the lnb-arm and went every which way. I ran. lol Very lucky I wasn't pinged.

Update for all. Replaced the feedhorn and servo, works like a charm. I didn't realize how many channels I was missing before. I see a lot more now. Thanks for the help.

These are the Cinemax channels. Which ones are you missing?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-124 Cinemax East*[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-126 Cinemax West*
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-127 MoreMax East*[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-129 MoreMax West*
• G1-130 ActionMax East*
• G1-132 ActionMax West*
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-133 ThrillerMax East*[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G1-135 ThrillerMax West*[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• G1-137 W Max*
• G1-139 @Max*
• G1-141 5StarMax*
• G1-143 OuterMax*
[/FONT]

They are all C-band, no Ku feeds, so there shouldn't be a problem. If you have a strong quality signal for the rest then dish tuning is not the answer.

However, if you're actually talking about the HBO HD channels, then you need a Ku LNB to receive them. See below:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G9-118 HBO East (HD feed)**
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• G9-120 HBO West (HD feed) **

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]** requires Motorola 4DTV digital receiver or sidecar and Ku-Band LNB

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Those 2 HBO HD channels are on C-Band and not Ku-Band... so you won't need a Ku LNB to get them, they need only a C-Band LNB...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)