channels missing on g-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
if i use a dc block,any certain size i should use?

I've only seen one "size". Sorry about non-thumnail, but

dcblocksplitter_1375.jpg

to the left is a regular OLD RS TV splitter, the type I've used for years without a problem. At center is a DC-block, also, the type found at RS, if you're lucky. To the right is a satellite rated splitter. I actually kind of prefer the regular splitter with the DC-block, because the satellite types seem to be diode types, which I think tend to have a minimum voltage that you must exceed before they pass anything. I *THINK* that the DC-block is just a capacitor, although I've never opened one up.

Anyway, you can just power the dish with the analog receiver, and use the "T" with DC-block to give signal to your FTA receiver.

a guy from a local satellite dealership told me to just run a jumper from the loop out connection of the fta receiver to the analog box,is this info correct?

You can do that, however it's still preferred to use a DC-block. It will eliminate the "T" though. Your dish will then be powered by the FTA receiver, and the only issue is that if you've specified a vertical transponder, then the LNB will only get 13V, and some big dish LNBs don't work well at 13V. So what I do in that case, is lie to the receiver and tell it that all transponders are horizontal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)