Channesl do not allow recording

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BranSat

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Edgemoor, SC
Starting on Friday 5/3/13, almost half of my pick 10 channels do not allow recordings: LMN, NBC Sports, SYFY, Speed, WE TV. Any ideas?

BranSat said:
Starting on Friday 5/3/13, almost half of my pick 10 channels do not allow recordings: LMN, NBC Sports, SYFY, Speed, WE TV. Any ideas?

What's happens when you record? What output type are u using? What DSR 305,410,905,920,922? What device are u using to record?

On my DVR via the DRS-922 composite output: "This program is not allowed to be recorded", but I can watch. On my HTPC computer via the DSR-922 RF out:, on the blocked channels I get audio, but no video (trying to watch) and any attempts to record is stopped - "content is not allowed to recorded". Talking to SRL today, there have been two others that called with same problems. They have said I must contact Skyvision tech support on Monday.

Another Nail in the coffin looks like

Sent from my DROID RAZR via Satelliteguys Reader

On my DVR via the DRS-922 composite output: "This program is not allowed to be recorded", but I can watch. On my HTPC computer via the DSR-922 RF out:, on the blocked channels I get audio, but no video (trying to watch) and any attempts to record is stopped - "content is not allowed to recorded". Talking to SRL today, there have been two others that called with same problems. They have said I must contact Skyvision tech support on Monday.

They must have enabled Macrovision.

They must have enabled Macrovision.

That was my thought.

20 years ago, I had a little $20-30 box that you ran the composite video through.
It stripped the Macrovision by reconstructing the synch, as I recall.

I've long since abandoned composite video, and gave the box away.
Sad to hear anyone is still having troubles with that ancient technology. :down

What I want is a stand alone DVR that can record whatever channel or input that I do not have to pay TiVo or DVR fees to the provider. Basically a modern day "HD VCR "

I haven't tested all those channels the OP mentioned, as some of them aren't in my channel-package, but tonight I recorded a show from SyFy without problems. (stand-alone DVD recorder hooked to the 410 receiver.) Hopefully it just was a momentary glitch for the OP.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)