Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Just had a C31 installed yesterday. Got a message in my email welcoming me to the Protection Plan at $5.99 a month.... huh?
I didn't sign up for the protection plan.
So I went online and checked and there it was. So I removed it. No big deal, but I don't recall signing anything that enabled it in the first place.

So just a reminder. Every once in a while check your bill. :)

Oh and while I was in there I turned on the HD Extra pack thing (free for 3 months) that I had turned off and forgot to turn back on.

Just check.

When I upgraded last month the tech that came and did my install told me that DirecTv gives you one month for free, if you don't want it that you have to go and remove it from your account. Its an automatic add. But at least my installer told me about it.

Well they were charging me for my "free" month... hehehe... so I removed it. No big deal, but just a reminder that it pays to look at your bill once in a while. Now that I'm retired, I tend to be pretty watchful of unnecessary expenses. I was a little lax about it when I was working.

I'm a little glad that I just got the protection plan the receiver had to be replaced by the tech and there was no charge for anything so $5.95 mth is a drop in the bucket these day's.I 'll just drink 6 beer's less this mth and 6 less for Hubby.

My installer told me we did not need the protection plan since we do not own the equipment Directv. will replace it free of charge any way.

My installer told me we did not need the protection plan since we do not own the equipment Directv. will replace it free of charge any way.

But the Protection plan also covers things like free alignment if your dish needs adjusting and other things as well.
If you need a new recvr, no cost, w/o PP its the cost of shipping, usualy $20

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

When we started having problems and I called they said it would be $49.95 for the service call.

Are you saying that you can turn the HD Extra Pack off and then pick it up and get the rest of the time you haven't used later?

Near the end of the free 3 months you can turn the HD Extra Pack off online then a few hours later you can turn it back on online and get another 3 months free--some here on the forum have been doing it for a year or more. I just did it for my first time last week.

Near the end of the free 3 months you can turn the HD Extra Pack off online then a few hours later you can turn it back on online and get another 3 months free--some here on the forum have been doing it for a year or more. I just did it for my first time last week.

Now that is some valuable info. Thanks so much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)