Chicago Fox HD through AAD causes jaundice?

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
For a while now Chicago Fox HD distant net through AAD has a yellow tinge to it. This is most noticeable on skin tones which have yellow patches. I have two 722s on two different Aquos TVs and it happens on both so I don't think it is hardware. It was very noticeable last night on Glee which I recorded on both DVR's. It definitely happens on other shows as well.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Mitch

I get Fox Chicago in the USVI. I Have two 211 receivers and a Toshiba and a LG HDTV and I have seen exactly what you are talking about. I found it particularly noticeable during the World Series.

Jim

Well at least now I know that I'm not crazy :D . I noticed several months ago and I even thought that it was my Sammy LCD, I knew that it wasn't the receivers because I had a 622 that diedm the new one has the same thing and about 2 months ago I got a 722 and the yellow spots still there.

The worst case is on House but Fringe and Lie to me have them too.

I thought it was just my TV, but I noticed the same thing on some episodes of House that I had recorded on Fox Chicago HD. Next time I see it on live programming, I'll switch over to Comcast to see if the same issue is present with their signal.

I thought it was my TV as well. It is very noticeable on House. I actually thought at first it was bad stage makeup until I started noticing it on other shows as well.

This problem will be resolved soon. All American Directs days as a distant network provider are numbered.

When Charlie gets back into the distant network business, he will replace the ALl American Direct feed with his own and the problem will be solved.

This problem will be resolved soon. All American Directs days as a distant network provider are numbered.

When Charlie gets back into the distant network business, he will replace the ALl American Direct feed with his own and the problem will be solved.
I may not be understanding this correctly, but I am experiencing the same issue with my local (not distant) Fox feed. That wouldn't have anything to do with the distant network feeds, would it?

I've heard that it's going to happen, but does anyone know when? Will those of us who have distants nets thru AAD still be able to get them from Dish? Will we have to go thru the waiver process again (I HOPE NOT!!) Or will it be like Directv has where you cannot get distant nets if you locals are avaiable from them? I really hope AAD gets doing it for Dish. I don't want it to change.

I guarantee it will be a lot harder to get distants through Dish. The only way to get it through Dish would be to "move", but you'd lose your locals. AAD is a separate company. Hopefully they keep AAD, but I doubt it. Charlie doesn't like competition.

It'd be nice if AAD added NY and SF in HD as well.

I may not be understanding this correctly, but I am experiencing the same issue with my local (not distant) Fox feed. That wouldn't have anything to do with the distant network feeds, would it?

Are you in Chicago? If yes, it may indicate that the problem is at the source with the station.

Are you guys saying that this is an intermittent problem, because I haven't noticed it.

It seems pretty consistent on the two Fox shows my family watches, Glee and Bones. We don't really watch anything else on Fox, except for some animated stuff.

Mitch

Are you guys saying that this is an intermittent problem, because I haven't noticed it.

I can't say how widespread the issue is being House is the only Fox series that I regularly watch and it always has the issue.

0NY4p.jpg

(The above picture is from tonight's episode, which is jaundiced throughout.)

I don't have this problem with other AAD network (ABC, NBC) shows.

Edit: High Res Version.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts