Chicago Fox HD through AAD causes jaundice?

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I recorded Human Target tonight in HD on Fox Chicago through both Dish Network (local) and Comcast. I did notice some of the same orange/yellowish hue that is being decribed here. For those scenes where the problem was present, I compared the picture on Dish Network vs. the one on Comcast and they looked nearly identical. This appears to be a problem, not with any particular carrier, but with the Fox Chicago feed itself.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
I noticed a similar yellow tinge last night on NCIS: Los Angeles, which was on WBBM...however, I also noticed the same yellow tinge on the local Comcast offering of the same show, different affiliate. So I don't think the problem is with DISH or AAD.

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Strange how it seems to be on different Chicago locals. I saw it once on one of the Law and Order episodes from Chicago's NBC station. However it has been only that one time on NBC and it is very consistent on Fox. I e-mailed the Fox affiliate two days ago and they have not gotten back to me (yet).

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
This issue is still occurring on my Fox Chicago local network. I know it must be really bad when my fiancee even noticed that the picture looked funny during House. What can we do to get this fixed?

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I can't believe this issue has never been fixed. How can Fox Chicago allow this to continue without noticing and/or fixing the issue? The problem occurs on both my satellite (Dish) and cable (Comcast) feeds and on all TV's in my house. It is most noticeable on close-ups of skin, like in an episode of House or even during the World Series. I have also noticed a sort of "blue flicker" during dark scenes, especially during House and Terra Nova. Are there any DIRT members who can help get this problem resolved?

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Um, how is DISH supposed to fix a problem caused by the local TV station?

Mitch

I can't believe this issue has never been fixed. How can Fox Chicago allow this to continue without noticing and/or fixing the issue? The problem occurs on both my satellite (Dish) and cable (Comcast) feeds and on all TV's in my house. It is most noticeable on close-ups of skin, like in an episode of House or even during the World Series. I have also noticed a sort of "blue flicker" during dark scenes, especially during House and Terra Nova. Are there any DIRT members who can help get this problem resolved?

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Um, how is DISH supposed to fix a problem caused by the local TV station?

Mitch
Dish probably can't fix it directly, but I assume they have contacts that the rest of us don't. Even though the problem lies upstream, it is still something that impacts their customers.

brewtownska

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 8, 2009
SE Wisconsin
If only you could find someone who lives in Chicago with Dish to compare the OTA feed with Dish. I think the person with Comcast and Dish was a great example to help prove it's the station's feed, but OTA and Dish would be another good set of evidence to convince the station something is wrong.

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
If only you could find someone who lives in Chicago with Dish to compare the OTA feed with Dish. I think the person with Comcast and Dish was a great example to help prove it's the station's feed, but OTA and Dish would be another good set of evidence to convince the station something is wrong.
Yeah, that would be a good test, but unfortunately I'm a little too far from the city to get an OTA signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)