Please reply by conversation.

Chief Twit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
Southwestern Ontario
It's Install Day.... SWEET!!!

Hey guys as gals.. The day is here
Its Sunday (My day off) and its install day:D... After many months of research, it all comes down to today:eek:. I will be installing my first FTA dish and motor and I am phyched. I have installed dishes before (Starchoice and Bell) but never something this complex.
My plan today is, during the course of the installation, I will be posting pics of my progress so you all can see how I am doing as well as getting your input.. This has probably been done before but I have always wanted to do something like this:D

I will start a new thread in the General FTA forum called "Chief Twit's Dish Install" and post the pics there.. Ill have my little ACER netbook with me while I install the dish so updates will be as realtime as I can get.. I really hope everything goes well today.. knock on wood

Last edited:
Best of Success

I hope all goes well.

Remember the very first step in getting your motor working correctly is making sure the post is completely plumb. (Don't go any further until you have that part right)

Chief,

This will be most excellent! We don't need to turn our TV's on today! We can just watch your FEED CHANNEL for the latest news updates! :)

Honey, quick come look! There's a new reality show on today!

Just ribbing you, but it will be fun to follow along with the adventure. I have to work today, but I will login to follow the status. Good luck and take some good pix of your terrain (LOS), your equipment and your gadgets and your specific angles as you go along. That is always excellent information for future FTA members.

I always have wanted to video-tape an entire installation - everything included - from start to finish just to see how it looks as a total filmography adventure. I think it would be fun, but I never could find anyone with a video camera who had the patience to stand around that long with me. (Here we see the concrete setting nicely! Isn't it lovely? LOL!) ;)

RADAR

What time does the feed start on the "The Chief Twits Channel"?. I just went to the Super Market and got some brats & buns along with potato salad, chips and beer.... I set up my 32" LCD on the patio and getting the BBQ ready....... This is going to be fun!.....

Planning a Timeline and job plan.

Chief,

I hope that you are a a good planner and very organized. We should be mentioning this fact or notion more often than just explaining the equipment and angles and details about what does what and why.

There is this one more detail that really comes into play and is also very important. You need a job plan. A timeline of what needs to be done first, then second and then third in all the steps that will be involved.

I hope that you have laid out this strategy somewhat, a little ahead of time, in your mind at least. Once you are done with your procedure and have everything all set up and aligned and working, it is then easy to go back and say to yourself that you should have done this or that first or differently (hindsight knowledge).

I think that everyone will find this to be a good strategy in the future, but it something that many do not truly scrutinize in the beginning and we may all often overlook the importance of such a game plan. It is a point that we all should be stressing more often.

So, before you begin today with your installation project, I hope that you will review your mental notes regarding your entire process before you simply jump in. Planning is very important in order to make the overall process go smoothly.

I just wanted to drop this hint to help prevent you from having to backtrack on any step along the way.

Again, good luck and looking forward to seeing your results. Oh, and I am certain that there will be plenty of followers if you need to ask a question along the way, but I feel positive that you have a good notion already set in mind. :) Thumbs up to you Chief!

RADAR

Why not use the webcam on that netbook and stream the video for us

I was thinking of doing that but I my webcam in my netbook really sucks:( plus my friend who is helping me said that he would feel uncomfortable doing that

well.... we are going to have to put my install on hold.... my hammer drill went south:rant: and I can't get a new one till tomorrow:rant::rant::rant: Sorry guys :mad:

- damn:

Just like a politician:
... first the promises ...
... then the excuses.!.
Now, there'll be an extra cost for a new hammer drill.!. - :D
What's next, charging for the show? - :eek:

Better throw in some pix of you in the store looking for a new one.
Gotta keep the continuity in the video project - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)