Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

as I said in an earlier post.....I got 3 years for 3 cents......only stipulation was i had to have autopay for 3 years AND had to pay off my current monthly balance due of $100 via credit card.

So I guess I did get a new HD channel for Xmas...........Cinemax.

The suprising thing is the CSR understood me and I could understand her :)

I called last night and received 2 years for 2 cents. I was told that I am lucky that my installation date had been rescheduled, because if I already was receiving HBO / Cinemax free for 3 months I wouldn't have qualified for this offer. I was told I could choose between the two (HBO / Cinemax free for 3 months) or (Cinemax for 2 cents for 2 years). I picked the Cinemax for 2 years. :)

I went online to chat with a CSR. No problem getting Cinemax for 1¢ since I had autopay, paperless, and DVR advantage. Thanks again for letting us know about these deals. Happy Holidays

Same here, I have had autopay and paperless since they offered them. The CSR turned on Cinemax for me at the promo price untill 2009, at least that is what she said.

I"m trying to get the promotion but it appears that I have to have auto-pay *and* paperless. I tried an online CSR and a phone CSR. Have anyone had luck with just one or the other?

I'm waiting to sign up after my checking acct gets deducted for the current bill. Autopay has to be by credit card and i don't trust them not to charge my CC and checking for the same month. After talking on phone and using online chat. i'll take the online chat.

After a fiasco with a CSR who couldn't find his a$$ with both hands last night, I went to the web site and changed my account to autopay (already had paperless). Then I called and got a CSR (India) who knew the drill and got hooked up in a few minutes with the penny Cinemax. The term CSR roulette is so true.

Thanks for informing the masses..I just did a live chat with Dish and they added Cinemax for .01, auto-renew after one year for another penny! What a deal.

Is there any hope for those of us new to the service? I just got hooked up Saturday. I'll be getting it free for 3 months, but would rather have it for a penny for a year.

OMFG!!

I think I finally understand what Dish customers are talking about with regards to the foreign call centers. I called up tonight. Got thru with minimal problems...maybe 4 minute hold time. And that's when things went downhill.

I swear to God, but the expression I heard...like a gazillion times...was, "I'm sorry, but this will JUST take a moment". Which was kinda cute the 1st 3 or 4 times. But damn...after 5 minutes of that! And just to add insult to injury, the CSR-type dude STILL tried charging me the full monthly price, even after he recited that I *did* qualify for the $.01/month promo.

After much repeating...and MORE repeating of what was stated on the phone, we finally got things right. Once again, if I ever EVER doubted any customer complaining about the foreign call-centers then let me apologize now for that. LOL

P.S. It is pretty cool that Max does have an HD channel. Just set the timer for Serenity tonight :)

I am usually pretty good at looking through most threads. Missed this one completely. I did read Scott's blog today and he helped me out. What a deal!!

Got the 1 cent Cinemax promo today without a problem, CSR was most helpful and turned it on right away, thanks guys for the info.

Considering that many of you are going to get $120, $240, even $360 worth of free programming, don't you think now is a good time to become a supporter of SatelliteGuys?

:clap

I wonder if you can just ask to speak to somebody in America?

I called them up and, even though I was told I would qualify by enrolling for autopay / paperless billing, this idiot began to recite the normal price. Before I ended the phone call, I got what I THINK sounded like, "and the normal price will be $12.99". Oh well, I decided to just hang up without getting the offer... I'll call back tomorrow. If I can get Cinemax for 2 years for $0.02, it'll be worth the effort.

Cade

I wonder if you can just ask to speak to somebody in America?

I called them up and, even though I was told I would qualify by enrolling for autopay / paperless billing, this idiot began to recite the normal price. Before I ended the phone call, I got what I THINK sounded like, "and the normal price will be $12.99". Oh well, I decided to just hang up without getting the offer... I'll call back tomorrow. If I can get Cinemax for 2 years for $0.02, it'll be worth the effort.

Cade

Use the Live Chat. Worked flawlessly. Knew what I was asking, and added w/o a problem. The woman even called me to assist further. Was from America and spoke ENGLISH!!!

I just got signed up and didn't have any issues at all. It hasn't shown up online yet but I had the channel up and running seconds after getting off the phone.

Good deal! Just called and got it, but the Indian lady took too long to process the whole thing. She initially said 1 year only, and I have to call to renew. I insisted and waited; she changed it to 2-year with automatic renewal. I'm still not sure what she did, though...

Thanks for the heads-up, guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)