Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

Really??? I search on Dish website and it does not say 1 penny or 2 penny. Is there a link where I can signup online or what do i have to do?

Hour and a half later and still nada...

Just how long does this take?

Last time I upgraded my package I had to reboot one of the receivers and then run check switch to get the new programming. Try that and see if it works, if not call them and tell them you added Cinemax and that is not showing in your receiver(s).

As I'd posted in the Christmas gift thread, turns out their policy is to not add any channels if you have a work order open (getting a 625 installed) so I won't get Cinemax until afterward. Good thing I contacted them as otherwise I wouldn't have known that the install date was pushed back to 1/5 from 12/23 (guess they have to cancel/redo the work order if you call to get a different receiver...wanted to be sure I got a 625 and not a 522)

I used online chat, and after I convinced the CSR I did have a Dish 500 (he assumed that since i only have SA*, EuroNews, & Free PI Pack that i only had a Dish 300 pointed at 61.5) - he was able to immediately set me up with Cinemax. However, he added paperless billing without asking, but I knew from this thread that it was part of the deal so it's fine with me.

He also said that since I had "no basic package" (even though I have SA*) that I would have to drop EuroNews to add Cinemax. I said as long as I would no longer be billed for EuroNews (since I don't watch it much anyway) that was fine. But why can't I have multiple a la carte services? And SA* is a basic package. I sure hope no access fee magically shows up. I will keep an eye on the online bill.

I would also like to know, my account says I have the 1 year Cinemax promo. Will this auto renew? Will it work until 2009? 2010?

(FWIW, I guess my post is useful as confirmation that you do not need to subscribe to any minimum programming to get this deal, since I only had SA*, EuroNews, and Free PI Pack.)

My Cinemax channels were activated immediately. 5 minutes or less from when the CSR declared he was done.

I had AEP, and just downgraded to DVR Advantage 250 tonight.
I called later to get the .01 deal, and had no problem.
Almost the same here.
I had downgraded from AEP to DVR Advantage about a month ago. Called yesterday for the 1 cent deal and had no problems.

Well, the first call rang - no answer.

Second call answered, and Cathy began to process the order (annual Cinemax for .01 w/paperless billing), but while on hold, got disconnected.

Third call, and I was told that I needed to add both paperless and auto-pay to qualify, so . . I'm back where I started hopefully. (I prefer not to auto-pay anyone).

I have a queasy feeling that I'm going to end up surprised, and not in a good way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)