Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

When I look at my bill online, it states:

International or A La Carte or Add-ons: 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER

Is that the same thing on your bill if you got the multiple year offer ?

I was able to get the offer through the online chat. I first tried on Tuesday and selected the "programming" option, she told me I would have to call to actually take advantage. I forgot to call when I got home, so I tried the chat again yesterday and picked "billing" option this time. I told him I wanted to take advantage of the offer and he signed me right up. I don't know if the option you select actual sends you to different people, but it worked for me. Looking forward to some cheap moving watching for the next 2 years.

When I look at my bill online, it states:

International or A La Carte or Add-ons: 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER

Is that the same thing on your bill if you got the multiple year offer ?

Mine is the same and I have the same question.

Also, how do people find out about these offers if they don't go to websites like this?

Just got off the phone with a CSR. Already had autopay (since I didn't want a commitment when I switched to DVR advantage), and she switched me over paperless billing. She hooked me right up with the 1 cent Cinemax. Took less than 2 minutes.

Sweet sound young girl too, wished me a Merry Christmas. :D

Checked on my account's programming online. The following was added:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Programming: Dominion Sky Angel, America's Top 200, Dish HD
Local Channels: Franklin County - Harrisburg, PA/Washington, DC Package
Premium Channels: N/A
International or A La Carte or Add-ons: DISH Network DVR Service Fee, 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER, CCSN, AMERICA'S TOP 250 BONUS PAK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick service :D

How long before it shows up?

I used the chat to sign up and she said it was taken care of. But it is not reflected on my account 3 hrs later.

Cinemax Promo

Got through, to an American agent of all things (thank you, Lord!). She knew about the promotion immediately, and I know have 5 Cinemax channels added to my very basic Top 100 lineup, in exchange for going with paperless billing (already had autopay).

I can't be certain, because everyone here appears to be getting different information...but this rep stated that they were told that this special monthly deal would be good on the bill up until the year 2010. I hope she's right, I could definitely live with that.

Many thanks to the individual who started this thread!

I just did the same thing with no problem. So many thanks to hdhead for the heads up! I love this forum.....

How long before it shows up?

I used the chat to sign up and she said it was taken care of. But it is not reflected on my account 3 hrs later.
Do you get the channels on your receiver? Mine didn't show up on my account online until the next day but I got the channels almost instantly (15 minutes or so).

I just used the Chat feature and had it added in about 5-10 minutes and I didn't have to talk to anyone I couldn't understand !! MERRY CHRISTMAS !!@party

I signed up, via chat, about 45 minutes ago but still no channels. I do see that they changed my billing preference to paperless already (I already had auto pay).

Sounds nice but I'm gonna pass this one, online payment is cool but I don't trust autopay. When they screw up the billing, it's much easier to argue with them about it when they don't already have your money!

I signed up, via chat, about 45 minutes ago but still no channels. I do see that they changed my billing preference to paperless already (I already had auto pay).

After an hour I went back on chat with technical support and the channels were turned on within minutes. It's also showing up on my account on DishOnline.

Last edited:
Sounds nice but I'm gonna pass this one, online payment is cool but I don't trust autopay. When they screw up the billing, it's much easier to argue with them about it when they don't already have your money!

That's why you use a credit card...you have more leverage with "Mr. Chargeback" if they don't do things right.

Thanks a lot for this tip hdhead!!!

I just called and got the 2 years for 0.02 cents deal. Unfortunately, the women I spoke to was very difficult to understand, and I was on hold for about 7 minutes while she checked with her supervisor about the automatic renewal for the 2nd year...But, she switched me over paperless billing and hooked me up with the 1 cent Cinemax deal, so I really shouldn't be complaining!

When I signed up they were turned on within 5-10 minutes. It didn't show anything on my account online till today (2-3 days later). It states under My Programming, in the International, A La Carte or Add-ons section "1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts