Cinemax for $6.50?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
So I was just browsing Directv's website and noticed they are offering Cinemax for $6.50. So what is the deal, is this for 3 months? I ask because unless I missed it, I do not see anything about 3 months only trial. I guess by chance if this is not a trial price, then they must be hurting for customers to purchase the premium channels.

So I was just browsing Directv's website and noticed they are offering Cinemax for $6.50. So what is the deal, is this for 3 months? I ask because unless I missed it, I do not see anything about 3 months only trial. I guess by chance if this is not a trial price, then they must be hurting for customers to purchase the premium channels.

Dish has been running a half off deal,any premium half price for 6 mos.I assumed it was exclusive to Dish,looks like that may not be the case.

Dish has been running a half off deal,any premium half price for 6 mos.I assumed it was exclusive to Dish,looks like that may not be the case.
Yeah, I was checking it out on my account and it is not showing a time frame such as 3-6 months.

I was just looking at thier website and could not find the offer, I currently have Cinemax, was thinking I may be able to get it for 1/2 price, but it doesn't show for me ...

Where were you finding it at ?

I was just looking at thier website and could not find the offer, I currently have Cinemax, was thinking I may be able to get it for 1/2 price, but it doesn't show for me ...

Where were you finding it at ?
I found it when I went under my account/programming. It most likely is for people who do not have Cinemax, but like I said it does not specify the duration either. I would think there would be a time frame for the offer, since of course it would not be fair for me to get it at a steady half price and people who currently have it pay full price. Looks like Directv needs to be more specific when they post these offers.

I did it and it billed me 12.99. Was told by cust. service that it takes 6-8 weeks to get the half off credits on your bill. I know it says that on the website for the 2 For 1 3 month specials like HBO Cinemax, but it didn't say that on this offer.

I sent an email to CS today on it. They told me the credit was for 6 months and I have it in writing in the response email

what email address did you send to CS.. I am interested in a discount on that package or other packages thanks.

I just used the info in the OP to see if I qualified on the website. When I clicked activate it said it was a 3 month promo and I figured what the heck and confirmed the activation. LIke mentioned in thread, credit did not appear on account so I emailed CS from the contact page on directv website and the reply I received was the promo was active on my account and that I would receive 6 months of the promo price and credits.

Called back in today and asked what other promos I qualify for...

Basically cinemax showtime starz and sports are all half off for 6 months right now. Just have to call in and ask. Also the save more credit applies and does further discounts... I grabbed showtime and ended up with cinemax and showtime for $9 and some change per month for 6 months

Called back in today and asked what other promos I qualify for...

Basically cinemax showtime starz and sports are all half off for 6 months right now. Just have to call in and ask. Also the save more credit applies and does further discounts... I grabbed showtime and ended up with cinemax and showtime for $9 and some change per month for 6 months
So I take it in the end, you were able to avoid paying the first month or 2 @full price for Cinemax and got the discount up front?

So I take it in the end, you were able to avoid paying the first month or 2 @full price for Cinemax and got the discount up front?

For some reason I am not following your question.

First I got cinemax for $6.50 a month, then I got showtime for $6.50 a month, but due to the weird watch more save more discount I ended up with both for $9.xx a month for the next 6 months.

For some reason I am not following your question.

First I got cinemax for $6.50 a month, then I got showtime for $6.50 a month, but due to the weird watch more save more discount I ended up with both for $9.xx a month for the next 6 months.
I mean did you have to wait for the discount to kick in and pay full price for a month or 2 at first?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts